Finally made it to the dyno!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally made it to the dyno!!

Well I have been building a 347 stroker for some time now. Well I was finally able to get it to the dyno and see what she makes. Here is a run down of the build:

Scat crank and rods 347 ci
    Srp flat top with valve reliefs
    Compression is 11:1
    Pro comp 210 cc cnc ported heads with 2.02 1.60 valves
    Anderson n-91 cam with 1.7 rockers
    victor jr lower drilled and bossed for injectors
    spyder upper elbow
    accufab 90mm tb
    4'' cai
    dbx 97mm mass air
    bbk 1 3/4 - 2 1/2 long tube headers
    bbk off road x-pipe
    bassani catback

Completely untuned on the stock t4m0 computer in my 95 it made 404.7 and 361.6 tq at the tires!!! Was really happy, it should make another 10-15 after the tune. Also these are SAE numbers it made 415 STD numbers.. This was with 10 degrees base timing. I put it at 12 base, and it lost 11 hp!! Guess it doesnt like timing!! haha

Congrats Brother !
    Good job !
    Now go keep the tire makers in business ! LOL

Comment

haha yea that will happen!! I plan to hit a few road courses this summer, so i can see many tire purchases in my near future!! haha Thanks!! Been 8 months since I first started this build, i tucked most of the wiring, repainted under the hood, power washed the entire undercarrage, painted or powder coated everything, it looks ok, still have a few odds and ends to tie up but all in all really happy with it

Comment

Congrats, that little 347 is tough. 5spd?

Comment

Nice numbers.
          Carl S.
          2014 Ruby Red Premium GT A6, stock for now
          80 Coupe, Stroked 9.2" Windsor, Yates C3, Dominator, glide, 9.60s n/a, 1.27 sixty 5.48@127.8 nitrous on radials.
          9.32@128 pedaling it half track
          sigpic

Comment

Cool, Im doing a similar build now with TFS heads, a fairly high compression, and a C-4.
            I hope I can crack 400 with mine. Keep us posted what it runs.
            1990 GT

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
              Congrats, that little 347 is tough. 5spd?
              It a 6 speed. Thanks!

Originally posted by F8LSVT View Post
              Cool, Im doing a similar build now with TFS heads, a fairly high compression, and a C-4.
              I hope I can crack 400 with mine. Keep us posted what it runs.
              With it being an auto i doubt you will make 400 to the tires. Probably along the lines of 360 ish depending on the whole setup.. I prolly will never know what it runs in a straight line, it is setup for corners, so trying to 60ft would be a joke.. haha

Comment

Nice numbers!

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
                  It a 6 speed. Thanks!

With it being an auto i doubt you will make 400 to the tires. Probably along the lines of 360 ish depending on the whole setup.. I prolly will never know what it runs in a straight line, it is setup for corners, so trying to 60ft would be a joke.. haha
                  We will see I suppose, I went with the TFS track heat top end kit and the stage two cam, 11.8:1 compression along with a few other things, I'll probably post some pics once I start tearing into it.
                  1990 GT

Comment

I've always run into funny things with timing on SN computers.

Comment

Originally posted by F8LSVT View Post
                      We will see I suppose, I went with the TFS track heat top end kit and the stage two cam, 11.8:1 compression along with a few other things, I'll probably post some pics once I start tearing into it.
                      If you are using the track heat intake, i would suggest selling it for the box setup. With the track heat you wont be close to 400.. My previous setup was a 347, 9.5:1, same heads as now, same cam as now and only made 360 through the stick.. Good luck with the build!!

Originally posted by dblack1 View Post
                      I've always run into funny things with timing on SN computers.
                      Actually so far i have had great luck with idle on this combo and stock computer, part throttle and wide open needs tuning but idle is perfect!! Which is crazy, dono if the fox tb setup has anything to do with it or not, but my 302 that was in there, even after a tune and taking it back numerous times for changes still would not idle correctly.

Comment

Congrats on the numbers, sounds like a solid build.

Comment

nice numbers for sure. take it to the track.

Comment

Probably the only track this car will see, is a road course...

I was also looking at some of my build specs, and i think I have found another 20 ish hp.. My lower intake needs to be match ported to the heads which I knew going into this, just diddent have the xtra cash, also my exhaust ports need some help. At .600 lift they only flow 206!! If i can get them in the high 230's low 240's along with the intake ported, there should be an easy 20 hp and also help carry the torque out a little more... Man I wish I had a better block so that I could spin this sucker to 7500!! It was just barely leveling off at 6500!!! With a tune it should make power all the way to 7000!!!

Comment

It was nice to meet you and the guys today, Toby. I'm very pleased with my progress so far, looking for injectors now and working on selling my driver and low impedance. Thanks again to True Street Motorsports.

Comment

Working...
                              X