2007 Taurus wont start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 Taurus wont start

My mom's taurus wont start.... Turns over and over but wont start. Checked fuel pump relays and fuses and they are fine.

A day or two later she tells me it started and ran fine. She goes back and forth to work for a few days and then it wont start again. I, unfortunately, don't have time to chase the issue and they send it to a very good mechanic who cant find the issue. They tell him to keep the car and keep looking and it eventually starts again for him. Mom gets the car back and a few days later it wont start.

I'm baffled. Its obviously electrical but where do I start looking? Car has the vulcan 3.0 v6 with 75k ish miles
    1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Sounds like a weak dieing on it's last leg fuel pump.

Throwing any trouble codes? They still throw codes even if the CEL is off.

Check fuel pressure, and check and make sure the spark is there. Also look for any wire damage coming from the crank sensor.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Hate that crap esp when you can't duplicate it, next time it fails to start, narrow it down to fire or fuel, could be alot of things, couple as mentioned above + coil, ign switch..... hell ive had a honda with a bad engine ground do that crap, start sometimes, once in a while not.

Comment

North Texas Peformance Tony 214-724-3246 he knows Tauri
        Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

Not sure where you're located, but I highly recommend Apple's Auto in Euless, 817-354-1617. Great dude, will treat your right. He's been a family friend for years,

Comment

Working...
          X