Home Warranty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Warranty

Who does everyone use? I have been in my home for a year now and my 1 year plan with AHS has expired as of March. I only had to use them once which was something pretty minor, so I don't have a whole lot of experience here. I figured what better place to critisize something and get feedback than dfwmustangs!

I forgot which plan I had with AHS but it was roughly $570 (not 100% sure) and it covered everything but the small stuff, ie ice maker, washer and dryer, etc.

Any opinions would be appreciated!
    Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
    Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

all home warranties are a scam... my sis use to sell them. save the 570 and repair your own stuff when needed
    first class white trash

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
      Who does everyone use? I have been in my home for a year now and my 1 year plan with AHS has expired as of March. I only had to use them once which was something pretty minor, so I don't have a whole lot of experience here. I figured what better place to critisize something and get feedback than dfwmustangs!

I forgot which plan I had with AHS but it was roughly $570 (not 100% sure) and it covered everything but the small stuff, ie ice maker, washer and dryer, etc.

Any opinions would be appreciated!

I'm with AHS and renewed mine for one more year. After the two year mark I won't renew it.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamLX View Post
        I'm with AHS and renewed mine for one more year. After the two year mark I won't renew it.
        Any particular reason why?

I am more worried about this Texas heat and my AC going out or something. The house is only 5 or so years old but things can still "break".
        Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

I used to be a contractor for all home warranties not just AHS and i can say this, Fuck a HW........about the only way you are going to get them to cover and big ticket items if you just so happen to get a tech that doesn't give a shit about his company's contract. all contractors are on a cost per call. Our cost per call was around 150 bucks average for the week. We were basically told to "word" the problem to the customer/claims dept to where it was something that was not normal wear and tear and wouldn't be covered.

AHS does/did have a Platinum Package which covered things not normally covered like lack of maintenance and improperly installed items. what you spend on that policy/service fees in a couple years could pay for a new ac unit install in the off seasons when its fairly cheaper!!

RESIDENT ELECTRICIAN AND WIRING GURU!!!!

Comment

I completely agree! Got rid of mine a while back. Like most other insurance it's a pain in the ass to deal with when something goes wrong. Save the cash and pay for stuff as it breaks.

Comment

I did have a minor issue with my HVAC system. It collected dust somewhere and stopped blowing cold. I called them and they sent someone out and they fixed it. I had to pay another $50 but that one small issue had no issues.

I can really use that to gauge though as it was fairly simple.

Comment

Like I said small shit we wouldn't even hassle getting it denied it was the big shit like panel replacements that we got denied. The 1800 we charged you was more than the 1200 we charged the warranty and we didn't have to hear the warranty co bitch. And if you couldn't afford it they would not.cover it anything related until it was fixed.

AHS had a class action lawsuit filed against them because of shit like that. That's where they came up with the platinum everything covered plan

Comment

I bought a house built in '80 and got ahs. In the first 2 years they replaced all 3 hvac units (compressor, air handler, line set, and some duct work). They also replaced 1 hot water heater, I replaced the other 2 and figured that was about everything and didn't renew. The gov. minimum seer on ac is a 13 and my units were very old so my electric bill went down with every new unit.

Comment

I don't recall the name of the company, but years ago I had a $350 warranty that covered all appliances and electronics. The microwave and the clothes dryer shot craps within the first year and they paid for both of them no questions asked. Something like $1500. They also paid to have the A/C system repaired and recharged no questions asked as well, which was another $400ish.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
                      Any particular reason why?

I am more worried about this Texas heat and my AC going out or something. The house is only 5 or so years old but things can still "break".
                      Peace of mind. It's a good way to ease into a home without worrying about everything else.

I'm doing a lot of other things around the house with my savings, not to mention travelling a ton, so I wanted an easy option in case something drastic happened.

Comment

You have AHS, HWA, FA, Old Republic and maybe a couple more small ones

Comment

I used AHS in the past and they replaced my dishwasher without question. IMO they seemed to be pretty good.

Comment

I have old republic.1st year paid by seller and lost money. In my second year now after renew and way ahead. Easy to deal with and I always take the cash out offer. Hvac hasn't gone out yet so I will renew again in Sept. I also hAve a pool and it runs 500 a year for the warranty. House is about 22 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by 92lxstang View Post
                              I used AHS in the past and they replaced my dishwasher without question. IMO they seemed to be pretty good.
                              i have used AHS twice now and both times they have been fairly painless processes. other than them defaulting to sears home service for both repairs and long wait times i havent had any complaints...

Comment

Working...
                              X