menudo lovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• menudo lovers

No, I'm not talking about the shitty 80's vato band, I'm talking about tripe soup. So, who here makes their own menudo? I love the stuff, and make it a few times a year.

Stevo
    Originally posted by SSMAN
    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Lol at the stupid 80's band, and Yummy on the menudo!!! My pops throws down on it every now n then,,, now ima be craving it!

Comment

I've made it a few times. I love the stuff.
      Originally posted by davbrucas
      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Love it, but never attempted to make it. Now I don't know why. Lol.
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

my mom throws down on some bad ass menudo...

Comment

I love home made menudo. When ever I can't enjoy it home made, I go to a place in OC all the way from Mesquite/Sachse area. In my opinion its the next best thing and worth the trip. Its the only place ill eat it from that I have to buy.
            Originally posted by mutherjuggz
            That whole "making love" shit is for the birds. I won't get all graphic on my preferences, but if you can't knock the bottom out with a vengeance.... leave me alone

Comment

their music is ok.. at best..

jk lmao!

My uncle makes some good menudo.. and i make some tasty barbacoa.

Comment

I love the stuff but I think my wife will get scared if I bust out tripe in the kitchen.
                Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
                  I love the stuff but I think my wife will get scared if I bust out tripe in the kitchen.
                  better to cook it outside anyways just because it will stink up the house

Comment

i only eat the hominy out of it. take out the nasty shit and hells yeah!!
                    .....bro....

Comment

Somehow I have grown up in West Texas eating at little hole in the wall mexican places my whole life, but have yet to try menudo.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                        Somehow I have grown up in West Texas eating at little hole in the wall mexican places my whole life, but have yet to try menudo.
                        restaurants have the worse menudo. if i still lived in Pecos id ask you to come over, they should be cooking some up this weekend.
                        .....bro....

Comment

Originally posted by A+ View Post
                          restaurants have the worse menudo. if i still lived in Pecos id ask you to come over, they should be cooking some up this weekend.
                          Even the mexicans eat the menudo at a couple of my favorite places, so I figured it had to be half way decent. Maybe they are just lazy like me when it comes to food lol.

There is one place I go and the owners mom or grandma comes in and makes a batch one day a week, they hang a card board sign next to the menu that says menudo today

Comment

Cold weather setting in, I got to craving some so I made around 3-4 gallons of it tonight.

8 pounds of washed/trimmed tripe
                            2 pounds of salt jowl (instead of pig feet)
                            2 pounds of smoked pork neck bones (same as above)
                            32 oz of hominy
                            3 medium onions
                            cup of chili powder (should have made paste from whole chilis)
                            1/8 cup oregano
                            1/8 cup paprika
                            1/8 cup cumin
                            1/8 cup onion powder
                            whole head of garlic (came out to like 1/3 cup after diced)
                            4 sliced ripe jalapenos
                            4 sliced ripe thai chilis
                            4 sliced ripe habaneros
                            Sea salt to taste

Served with lime slices, pico de gallo, sour cream, green onions, and steamed corn tortillas, it was very tasty. I can't wait until tomorrow, because it is always better the next day or two after the flavors have a chance to get cozy and it thickens up.

Stevo
                            Originally posted by SSMAN
                            ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Working...
                            X