Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lightweight Outdoor Ceiling Fan (for Gazebo)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lightweight Outdoor Ceiling Fan (for Gazebo)?

I have one of those gazebos with the canopy, not like a real wooden one. However, this one is pretty nice and sturdy compared to most, and has a really high domed roof. It even has a hook in the middle under the top of the dome. I'm confident it will hold at least 20 lbs and that I could securely anchor a fan so that it wouldn't wobble. That said, I don't need anything big or fancy, and it would be sweet if I could find one made specifically for this application. A light on it would be a bonus. I have power run to the gazebo already.

Anyone have or seen anything like this?

Got pics of the gazebo? I have a few thoughts, but need to see what you're talking about.

I assume the standard outdoor ceiling fans are a no go? once they get going, they really probably add a lot of force - unless you keep it on low.
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

It's one of those with the metal frame and has a canopy made from canvas-like material. It's oval and has a dome-shaped roof. It's nicer than most I've seen, but it's still not a permanent structure, so I don't really want to run conduit and a box for power. I also don't want to splice in a plug. I was hoping that there was something made for this exact purpose that just plugs in to an extension cord, but I haven't found anything, so I just ordered a chandelier that is made for this, instead. At least I'll have light.

Comment

Get you a few of these

Comment

big enough picture you posted? lol

Comment

Originally posted by SVTNorthTexas View Post
            big enough picture you posted? lol
            LOL, it may be the actual size.

Comment

outdoor pagoda ceiling fan

I am looking for one of these too. Anybody know where to find one? I found a Coleman Zephyr ceiling fan and light at Walmart.. but it's battery operated and only good for 24-48 hours at a time. I need one for the outdoor area where my dog will be this summer.

Comment

we built a real wood pergola, and we still went with something like this and it works great.

Comment

Just get a wet rated outdoor ceiling fan. I just put up a metal framed gazebo out back and the top center has a hook rated for 50 lbs. Ceiling fans weigh 25-30 lbs so should be just fine. My plan is to run some 12/3 to the gazebo and put an outdoor outlet on one of the posts. Then I have a GE z-wave wireless module that I will use to power the fan and some more lights. That way I can still have it all controlled by a switch but nothing will be hard wired.

Comment

Working...
                  X