Clear All

• New rifle and a couple handguns

Smith&Wesson Sigma 40
    Smith&Wesson Body Guard 380
    Savage 93R17 TR 17HMR
    -Mueller APV 4.5-14x40 Adjustable Objective
    -DNZ Game Reaper One Piece Base/Rings
    -Caldwell Bipod

Sorry about the photo sizes. I guess Photobucket thinks their changes are better. It's not and I can't figure it out. Tried resizing and failed, oh well.
    Last edited by bigmuskie; 02-23-2012, 02:20 PM.

The best mod for that sigma is to throw it in a lake.

Comment

Originally posted by threefingerpete View Post
      the best mod for that sigma is to throw it in a lake.
      lol...

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
        +1 couldn't get rid of mine fast enough.
        Jon

Comment

Truth!

Comment

My 9mm Sigma was a great gun (with a bad trigger). It never failed and had a great grip.
            IMG_0424

Comment

I got lucky, buddy had one pulled the trigger once, handed it back to him,

Him: What!?

Me: Fuck That!
              2010 Ford SVT Raptor
              2007 Saleen S281-SC
              1998 BMW M Roadster
              1961 Ford F100

Comment

Perhaps If I had spent more time shooting a quality handgun, I would understand what all the fuss is about. I've read that the early versions have had their problems, but they worked the kinks out with the second versions. When I pull the trigger, the gun goes bang. I don't plan to conceal carry the Sigma because its a full frame. The gun hasn't given me single issue. Wished I could say the same for this POS Sig Sauer Mosquito.

The Sigma works great if you go to the range with a group of people and you don't want them shooting your favorite handgun all the time. They don't give a shit it's a Sigma, it's a gun and they are shooting it, while you get more range time with your favorite gun.

I am on a long gun buying spree. Once I've satisfied those wants, I'll turn my attention to a quality handgun. Until then, my current handguns will work for shooting paper.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmuskie View Post
                  Perhaps If I had spent more time shooting a quality handgun, I would understand what all the fuss is about. I've read that the early versions have had their problems, but they worked the kinks out with the second versions. When I pull the trigger, the gun goes bang. I don't plan to conceal carry the Sigma because its a full frame. The gun hasn't given me single issue. Wished I could say the same for this POS Sig Sauer Mosquito.

The Sigma works great if you go to the range with a group of people and you don't want them shooting your favorite handgun all the time. They don't give a shit it's a Sigma, it's a gun and they are shooting it, while you get more range time with your favorite gun.

I am on a long gun buying spree. Once I've satisfied those wants, I'll turn my attention to a quality handgun. Until then, my current handguns will work for shooting paper.
                  Want a CZ .17 HMR?

Sigmas do go bang, but if you're actually trying to hit what you're pointing it at, there are generally some issues.

Comment

Want a CZ .17 HMR?

Sigmas do go bang, but if you're actually trying to hit what you're pointing it at, there are generally some issues.
                    I will agree with you there. It will hit paper at 3 to 4 yards all day long, but the groups are measured in feet. Including the Bodygaurd 380, I can't for the life of me hit groups that measure 6 inches or less, at those distances. Like I said, it's all over the place, the Sigma and the Bodygaurd. I'm almost certain that I am partly to blame. If that damn Mosquito wouldn't double feed/ fail to feed/ fail to fire and so on, it would be a great little plinker. When it works, its groups are around 6 inches or less. Not great, but certainly better than the Smith&Wessons I have.

Oh, if I already didn't own a .17, I may have taken you up on your offer. If I hear of anyone looking for one, I'll let you know. By the end of this month, I'll have money saved up for a Noveske upper for my AR build, so no gun purchases for me until it's complete.

Comment

The first time i shot a sigma i thought the safety was on. By far the worst pistol i have handled.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                        The first time i shot a sigma i thought the safety was on. By far the worst pistol i have handled.
                        I know it's probably not saying much (considering the CHL silhouette target is the broad side of a barn) but I passed the proficiency test with the Sigma. Instructor told me I scored a 232. Might have been a little better if that one hot brass didn't get caught under my collar and singe my neck.

On another note, met a friend at GSW Indoor and shot his dads Springfield EMP in 9mm, now I want one. Got my first taste of what a high quality handgun should feel like.

Comment

Working...
                        X