Awesome Leg Workout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome Leg Workout

This routine will not be perfect for all, but it has worked well for me.
    I always incorporate some calf work into this routine and usually whatever else I feel like doing that day into it.
    Usually though, I am pretty drained from this workout routine alone.
    There is supposed to only be 45 secs rest between sets, but last time I did it, we had to take more like 2 mins.
    Next time you do legs, give this routine a try...You WILL be fatigued if you follow this routine!

This is one of Branch Warren's leg workouts:

Squats:
    2-3 warm-up sets
    2 heavy sets of 5-8 reps or until failure

Leg Presses:
    3 sets of 20 reps
    The 3rd set is a drop set of 20 x 20 x 20 reps(last set is a killer!)

Walking Lunges:
    3 sets of walking weighted lunges for 100 yards(Oh yea...I said 100 yards alright!)

Leg Extensions Superseted With Sissy Squats:
    3 sets of 30 reps of Leg Extensions + 3 sets of 10 reps of Sissy Squats

Lying Leg Curls:
    1-2 warm-up sets
    3 working sets of 12-15 reps

Seated Leg Curls:
    3 sets of 12-15 reps
    The 3rd set is a drop set of 15 x 15 x 15 reps(by this time your hams should be locking up)

There is nothing about that workout that sounds awesome.

Comment

I've been cycling for about the last year and not only is it good cardio it has REALLY built up my legs. So I have no desire to lift weights with my legs. Lol!

Enjoy though!

Comment

Damn...where's that link about over working muscles? Lol...Jk.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
          There is nothing about that workout that sounds awesome.
          LOL, Remove your panties and give it a try!

Originally posted by chuckacosta View Post
          I've been cycling for about the last year and not only is it good cardio it has REALLY built up my legs. So I have no desire to lift weights with my legs. Lol!

Enjoy though!
          Thanks, cycling is a great leg builder as well!
          You can keep those fast twitch muscles alive by just doing a few miles a day.

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
          Damn...where's that link about over working muscles? Lol...Jk.
          LOL...most people would say that I over train, but I feel it's right on money for me!
          Being 6/4, my legs are my weak point, but I just want my legs bigger, the rest of the body comes pretty easy to me.
          Last edited by stangin4lyfe; 04-12-2011, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
            This routine will not be perfect for all, but it has worked well for me.
            I always incorporate some calf work into this routine and usually whatever else I feel like doing that day into it.
            Usually though, I am pretty drained from this workout routine alone.
            There is supposed to only be 45 secs rest between sets, but last time I did it, we had to take more like 2 mins.
            Next time you do legs, give this routine a try...You WILL be fatigued if you follow this routine!

This is one of Branch Warren's leg workouts:

Squats:
            2-3 warm-up sets
            2 heavy sets of 5-8 reps or until failure

Leg Presses:
            3 sets of 20 reps
            The 3rd set is a drop set of 20 x 20 x 20 reps(last set is a killer!)

Walking Lunges:
            3 sets of walking weighted lunges for 100 yards(Oh yea...I said 100 yards alright!)

Leg Extensions Superseted With Sissy Squats:
            3 sets of 30 reps of Leg Extensions + 3 sets of 10 reps of Sissy Squats

Lying Leg Curls:
            1-2 warm-up sets
            3 working sets of 12-15 reps

Seated Leg Curls:
            3 sets of 12-15 reps
            The 3rd set is a drop set of 15 x 15 x 15 reps(by this time your hams should be locking up)
            This workout is badass,I enjoyed it!

I did this with him two weekends ago and WOW.. I was sore for a few days!

Comment

That's almost my leg workout to the T, but I add a few rounds of jump rope and box jumps in with it.

Comment

what are you locking your legs into for the sissy squats? when i was at metroflex we had a machine like this

it worked perfect, now that i am at la fitness i've stopped doing them since i don't have a way to lock my legs in like that.

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
                  what are you locking your legs into for the sissy squats? when i was at metroflex we had a machine like this

it worked perfect, now that i am at la fitness i've stopped doing them since i don't have a way to lock my legs in like that.
                  Nice drawing btw, love the hat turned around like a true badass!

That would be ideal, but we just do weighted sissy squats like this below...
                  By the time you get to sissy's after doing the larger exercises and the 30 reps on the extension machine, you are on FIRE!
                  If you aren't...you need to increase the weight, plain and simple.

Comment

I did the leg workout today... had to change a few things since my gym doesnt have a lying leg curl machine and it SUCKS not having a partner with you to do this stuff(drop sets,etc)! But,I did it anyways.. now my legs and ass burn and my legs are shakey!

Comment

Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
                      Nice drawing btw, love the hat turned around like a true badass!

That would be ideal, but we just do weighted sissy squats like this below...
                      By the time you get to sissy's after doing the larger exercises and the 30 reps on the extension machine, you are on FIRE!
                      If you aren't...you need to increase the weight, plain and simple.

Funny you mention the hat, when I made the drawing (a few years ago) it was for an Asian friend of mine who never worked out with out a hat on backwards, I felt that it would better assist him if he could see what it was actually going to look like (hat and all).

Comment

Working...
                      X