Concrete pouring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concrete pouring

Anyone have a hookup on pouring a small concrete patio in South FW (Crowley/Burleson area)

It's a little too big to do w/ bags, at least for me..

Let me know

Thanks

David
    GIFSoup

PM sent

Comment

If aCid can hook you up, just go to a concrete place. They have little trailers that hold a cubic yard or so . Much better than mixing by hand.

Comment

Subscribing. I really want to have our patio extended as well if anyone does that kind of work.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          Subscribing. I really want to have our patio extended as well if anyone does that kind of work.
          dude seriously we can do it in a day...

Comment

Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
            Never done it before and no clue how to even get started on it. Jason was going to help me with it, but he's buried in school these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
              you have to do it in a day! haha.. it's not like you can pour it and walk away

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                Never done it before and no clue how to even get started on it. Jason was going to help me with it, but he's buried in school these days.
                Put up some wood forms... lay down some rebar if its a decent size area...then pour concrete in it...

You screed it (using a 2x4 or similar with a straight edge) by jiggling it back and forth across the forms, then float it with a trowel to smooth it up.

Im sure there are tons of great videos on youtube. Its easy work when you are not mixing in a wheelbarrow, and the area isnt to big. You dont need that much for tools. Its just labor intensive. If the concrete starts to set up, just a little water across the top with a hose.

From http://www.DoItYourSelfBuilder.com , this is a video overview 1 of 6 from the DIY project titled "How the pros pour concrete". You'll learn the home imp...

Comment

Check your easements and city codes. I have a guy that does good work in Grand Praiire very reasonable. He beat everyone elses prices on my renthouse driveway.
                  Handyman, classic car and antique jukebox collector/restorer, and all around good guy.

sigpic

Comment

I just did a 12 x12 pad for a storage building a few weeks ago. I could not find anyone to touch it for under $600 and I had it all framed and re-barred.

I ending up renting the cubic yard trailers (2 yards total) and pouring it myself.
                    Cost was $120 a yard + plus my time.

There is a place in Burleson or Arlington that rents the trailers. A 1/2 ton truck will pull them.

Make sure and rent a 'come along' (concrete rake) and bull float.

Comment

Originally posted by 95DRGT View Post
                      I just did a 12 x12 pad for a storage building a few weeks ago. I could not find anyone to touch it for under $600 and I had it all framed and re-barred.

I ending up renting the cubic yard trailers (2 yards total) and pouring it myself.

There is a place in Burleson or Arlington that rents the trailers. A 1/2 ton truck will pull them.

$120!! Was that only for the concrete or was that including the equipment rental?
                      --carlos

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by projectPONY View Post
                        $120!! Was that only for the concrete or was that including the equipment rental?
                        It was $120 per yard which includes the trailer. I think I paid another $12-$15 for the rake and bull float with extra handle.

Comment

Damn thats a good price! How long did it take you to mix it & pour it & smooth it out?

I am goinig to pour a 10 x 70 slab for my RV to sit on! Its about 1000sf total. But I think im just going to drop the $6000 & pay someone to do it right
                          GOD BLESS TEXAS
                          August Landscaping
                          214-779-7278
                          Seb's high class.
                          He'll mow your grass.
                          He'll kick your ass.
                          And while his kidney stones pass,
                          He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

It was $120 per yard which includes the trailer. I think I paid another $12-$15 for the rake and bull float with extra handle.
                            that is a deal! I've been wanting to redo my driveway but had been scared to even think about how much it would be. where can I rent one of these cubic yard trailers??
                            --carlos

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SEB View Post
                              Damn thats a good price! How long did it take you to mix it & pour it & smooth it out?

I am goinig to pour a 10 x 70 slab for my RV to sit on! Its about 1000sf total. But I think im just going to drop the $6000 & pay someone to do it right
                              The create was already mixed so we just had to pour, rake and smooth it- It was a good 1/2 day job with two people and the trips back and forth to get the next load.

Comment

Working...
                              X