Where to start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to start?

I'm looking to get back in the gym after a six year absence since my time in Iraq. I haven't been completely absent from working out though. I still did my running and push ups and sit ups so I would continue to pass my pt test for the army. Last august I got my honorable from the army and have let my work out routine slip. I feel it is time for me to change my health for the better again. I'm not lookin to get huge or to have arms the size of most people's legs. A little bigger and good definition is my main goal. I'm 6'2" and 160lbs. I'm looking to get back to 190lbs where I was out of Iraq. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good workout routine to get started on or a book or site that would have good information for me along with nutrition guidance? Thanks for any help you can offer.
    Why put off till tomorrow what you can put off till the next day?
    -Fred Sanford

I don't know your currently level of fitness knowledge, but this site is filled with great info, and a good starting point: http://www.scoobysworkshop.com/

This site has also been mention here, and I've used it in the past when I was starting to learn to count calories: http://www.livestrong.com/tools/

Comment

Those were a huge help. Thanks a million. I would say i now have a beginners knowledge to help start the fat loss process.
      Why put off till tomorrow what you can put off till the next day?
      -Fred Sanford

Comment

Where do you live at? City wise.

Comment

If you want to just gain 30 pounds that's easy. Beer + food + more beer....

If you want to buff up and stay lean, you know what to do. Hit the weights.

Comment

6' 2" at 160? Damn you must be a toothpick! Lift, lift, lift, and supplement like crazy.
            "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

You have already been thru boot camp, been and came back from Iraq and you need a workout routine?

Comment

Originally posted by aCid View Post
                Where do you live at? City wise.
                South of Potosi = close to abilene
                Originally posted by Vertnut
                I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

Working...
                X