Don't mix up your powder!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't mix up your powder!

Ouch! Be careful not to get your powders mixed up, bad things can happen...
    This is by far the worst AR-15 kaboom I have ever seen on the internet. The operator somehow mistakingly mixed pistol powder and rifle powder in a few of the cartridges he loaded. The result was catastrophic failure. Just about all the parts were destroyed. Photos from ARFCOM … Apparently the gold-like coating on the … Read More …

Big AR-15 KABOOM

This is by far the worst AR-15 kaboom I have ever seen on the internet. The operator somehow mistakingly mixed pistol powder and rifle powder in a few of the cartridges he loaded. The result was catastrophic failure. Just about all the parts were destroyed. Photos from ARFCOM ...

Apparently the gold-like coating on the bolt and carrier is from the vaporized brass cartridge. Can any engineers or chemists confirm this?
    The shooter was ok, other than getting whacked in the face with the charging handle and having small pieces of the carbon fiber freefloating tube embedded in his forearm.
    More photos after the jump ...
    The rifle parts list ...
    Parts list:
    Cav-arms mk2 lower in tan + lower parts kit.
    Custom trigger pins.
    Compass lake 18" govt profile douglas premium airguaged stainless steel barrel with matched bolt.
    Ameetec cam pin, firing pin, firing pin retainer pin, slick side upper receiver.
    Charging handle
    USGI 30rd aluminum magazine with Magpul follower, and Magpul magpul in OD green.
    Miculek brake
    YHM low profile gas block, gas tube
    Clark custom forearm, carbon fiber lightweight tube
    Young mfg bolt carrier.
    Timney trigger
    Parts destroyed:
    upper, lower receivers.
    BCG: total loss
    Forearm
    barrel, gas tube, gas block, muzzle brake,
    LPK: mag release, bolt release, custom trigger pins, take down pins.
    charging handle is bent.
    USGI mag with magpul follower and ODgreen magpul.

Parts salvaged:
    sling, bipod, buffer, buffer spring, selector(safety), timney trigger(maybe I have not tested it yet),
    ACOG.

"It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

My dad learned the hard way about mixing powder and shooting someone elses reloads. He blew up a 45-70 Sharps. Smokeless mixed with black powder=kaboom. Hospital visit and so forth. Now he has a cool ornament.

Comment

That was an expensive lapse of concentration.

Comment

WOW, glad the shooter was ok. this is why i always ware good shooting glasses.
        sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
        🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Another note, what lower is that? looks all one-piece? Cant change out anything on it?

EDIT: Just saw the build list. Never seen a lower like that. Strange

Comment

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
            Another note, what lower is that? looks all one-piece? Cant change out anything on it?

Cavarms lowers suck in my opinion. Plum crazy makes a composite stripped lower that you can run whatever stock on. I don't like the idea of having a plastic rifle....but they are lighter.

Comment

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post

Had one, sold it. Company is generally out of business, but not for crappy parts per se.
              Originally posted by MR EDD
              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Working...
              X