New wheels and tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New wheels and tires

If you don't remember the thread I started at the "other site" about what wheels...

That said, I remained patient and managed to get a hell of a deal on wheels and tires (separately). A few months ago, I found polished 18" Saleens on sale at LMS and picked them up for just over $400 shipped. I finally ordered my tires the other day from Jucostud for $100-150 off their normal price and they have come in. I think I will be having them installed tomorrow.

Total for these is just over $1,100.

Here are the wheels (I think this is one of the 10"ers, don't remember for sure).

More pics to follow once they are installed and the car is cleaned up.

Pardon the Coca Cola can...I didn't have a DP can at the house when these came in.
    كافر

Originally posted by sc281
    Always better to be an Uncle than a Father. All the fun stuff and none of the expensive stuff.
    Originally posted by Trick Pony
    ...from what I've seen on here bcoop knows his shit when it comes to smoking meat.

I think it will look a shit ton better.
    Vortex rear stand $75
    8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
    My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
    but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
    11 4 door
    13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

I bet those would look good on my GTP
      GOD BLESS TEXAS
      August Landscaping
      214-779-7278
      Seb's high class.
      He'll mow your grass.
      He'll kick your ass.
      And while his kidney stones pass,
      He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Originally posted by Txstang1 View Post
        I think it will look a shit ton better.
        I think so too. I'm getting them mounted and put on the car first thing tomorrow morning, but it will likely be Sunday before I get it cleaned up and get a few pics.

If anyone is wondering what I am going to do with the bullitts, I think I will get the bent one fixed, narrowed, and painted black along with one of the others for future front runners. The other 2 I will likely sell to help pay for 17x10.5 black bullitts to put drag radials on.

edit:

Oh and Cobra brakes will be ordered/installed hopefully in the spring.
        كافر

Always better to be an Uncle than a Father. All the fun stuff and none of the expensive stuff.
        ...from what I've seen on here bcoop knows his shit when it comes to smoking meat.

Comment

Will look good man. Post up picks when you get it. Keep an eye on Jon...haha

Comment

I had a set of those for a while and loved the look but they were so f-ing heavy . I saw a differance in my 1/8 mile ets for sure .
            Big Rooster Racing

Comment

Okay, here are some pics...don't really have time to take it to a more interesting backdrop right now, so this will have to do temporarily.

كافر

Comment

Originally posted by dumpycapri85 View Post
                I had a set of those for a while and loved the look but they were so f-ing heavy . I saw a differance in my 1/8 mile ets for sure .
                Yeah, they are pretty damn heavy, but like I said in my second post, I think I will narrow 2 of the factory bullitts for front runners and get 10.5s for the back for drag radials.

At the same time, I still have 3.27 gears, so when I put 3.73s or 4.10s in it, it will still be quicker than before.
                Last edited by HOOCBB; 11-20-2010, 08:08 PM.
                كافر

Comment

looks good
                  2003 oxford white cobra whipple powered corn fed
                  2018 F150 RCSB 5.0

Comment

Looks good man! You know who put them on for you?
                    sigpic
                    07 vortech GT - Sold
                    88 fox 5.0 lx hatch - Sold
                    09 procharged GT - Sold
                    14 5.0 M6 road racer - Sold
                    96 GT project car - current

Comment

Originally posted by Jucostud View Post
                      Looks good man! You know who put them on for you?
                      scrawny hispanic guy mounted the tires, the guy that was looking over your shoulder Tuesday balanced them and a skinny black guy put them on the car.

Didn't catch any names, but they did a good job in your absence.
                      كافر

Comment

cool, sounds like it was jessie, jamie, and courtney. the 2 best techs in the shop and the senior assistant.
                        sigpic
                        07 vortech GT - Sold
                        88 fox 5.0 lx hatch - Sold
                        09 procharged GT - Sold
                        14 5.0 M6 road racer - Sold
                        96 GT project car - current

Comment

Beautiful ! I've always wanted to get rid og these DD bullets and put Saleens on there.
                          Vortex rear stand $75
                          8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                          My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                          but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                          11 4 door
                          13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

LMS? What's the website? Great price on the wheels!

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Hatton View Post
                              LMS? What's the website? Great price on the wheels!
                              Meant LMR...

LateModelRestoration.com (AKA 50resto)

The wheels came out to ~$108 each shipped. They don't carry the polished version anymore, only chrome and they run $175 & $185.
                              Last edited by HOOCBB; 11-21-2010, 03:32 PM.
                              كافر

Comment

Working...
                              X