Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying a used bike

Hey motorcycle guys,

Do any of y'all have a site you go to when looking for used bikes? I've been looking on eBay and craigslist, but I really don't know what to look for when buying used and if I'm being scammed etc...

I'd prefer to buy from a dealership but I don't see the bike I'm looking for at any of the local dealerships - a ducati 696

Any help would be great

Thanks,
    Bryan
    2008 GT - cammed, 93 octane tune, 326 to the wheels

Craigslist. I wouldn't mess with any dealerships unless it was new.
    Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
    Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

If it sounds to good to be true then it probably is.

I have been looking for the past month and atleast the last two weeks I haven't seen any scams. Damn things are just to far away to go get tho.

I'm looking for someone that needs to sell thier bike for a DUI or something.

Comment

Ducati doesn't do much volume and the 696 was just introduced in 2008 so it's going to be tough to find one locally.

I would call Eurosport in Fort Worth and see if they can hunt one down for you. 817-838-8135

Also, Austin Ducati in Austin of course. 512 236-8822

Just about any large dealer will be able to find what you want somewhere in this country and arrange for delivery, but those are the two shops I would use/trust to be knowledgeable.
        US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

i tried cycletrader.com the other day, but not a lot there.
          I'd be interested to know of other ones than what has already been mentioned

Comment

Buy my bike! lol

Comment

Here's one in Dallas

Find used motorcycles for sale, used dirt bikes, used offroad bikes, used road bikes, used scooters, used mopeds, and more motorcycle classifieds on Oodle Classifieds. Join millions of people using Oodle to find unique motorcycle for sale and new motorcycle classifieds. Don't miss what's happening in your neighborhood.

Comment

You wouldnt want a 2000 buell cyclone would you?

Comment

Originally posted by Johngt View Post
                  You wouldnt want a 2000 buell cyclone would you?
                  i don't think anybody would....haha

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                    i don't think anybody would....haha
                    The cyclone is the one of the uglier Buell's ever built, but they're pretty damn comfy with that giant seat and still got shit loads of torque, and awesome front brakes. What are you asking for it, out of curiousity?? I will have another Buell in my collection one day...probably not a cyclone, but an old S1 like I had or one of the later XB12S's.

Comment

I want way too much for it just due to all the work I put into it which is why I doubt I will sell it. One like you said nobody really wants a buell or a cyclone and two I cant sell it for what I want.

Figured pictures would explain most of why I say these things.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
                        Craigslist. I wouldn't mess with any dealerships unless it was new.
                        Agree with Mike. I picked up an 86 Ninja that had been rebuilt the other day for $500. It runs like new. Ugly as can be, but that's what I wanted. Something I could work on 'lookswise' that was reliable.
                        www.crossfit.com

Comment

Originally posted by JasonRR View Post
                          The cyclone is the one of the uglier Buell's ever built, but they're pretty damn comfy with that giant seat and still got shit loads of torque, and awesome front brakes. What are you asking for it, out of curiousity?? I will have another Buell in my collection one day...probably not a cyclone, but an old S1 like I had or one of the later XB12S's.
                          i hate the blast more than i do the cyclone but thats my opinion.

Comment

why a 696 and not any other model?

dealerships I'd look at are High Five Cycles, American Motor Cycle Trading Company, and another one in arlington I can't remember at the second.

Too many crap bikes on craigslist. at least on ebay you have more of a way to dispute things.
                            HD Parts
                            paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

I'm sure you are just looking in the dfw craigslist. Try other nearby cities on craigslist. There is also fort worth motorcycle rider website you can check out. Good luck and safe riding.

Comment

Working...
                              X