Miller Diversion 165...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller Diversion 165...?

Thinking about diving into the world of tig and found the 165's for $1265 with free shipping.

I do a lot of aluminum sheet metal stuff, and would like to build more substantial pieces without 9 million pop rivets. I'd also like to do more than what my current 110V Mig welder can do for larger jobs.

Anyway, good unit for a beginner or run away?

Here we go.........
    Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
    There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

That's a decent machine, but lacks some features from what I recall. Some features which may make a basic user a better user. For some, they can be overwhelming as well. It just depends on your skill level and understanding of what you are doing.

I had a synchrowave 180 for a while, (the old style) and it worked great, but without hi-freq adjust it was limited. As my skills progressed, I bought a bigger welder, but still with no freq adjust abilility - again, quickly outgrew it. Now, just a few months back, I bought a Dynasty200. Granted it was DOUBLE the price, it is a badass machine - but likely overkill for what you intend.

I guess, in a nutshell, I'm saying - keep your eyes open. Used equipment is not bad either.

Comment

Working...
      X