Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shingles

I need some roof repair after our 50 mph day in North Texas

Live west of Denton, anyone on here in the business to replace at least what to me looks like 60 shingles ?

Home is 5 years old

If you have a ladder and the roof isnt to steep . you should be able to do them on your own. i dont live close to you or id offer help. but you should be able to get some shingles somewhere locally that match exact or close enough and to replace em, gently pry the old ones out and remove old nails, and starting from bottom up, replace as needed and nail 3 to 4 nails n each one depending on what shingles they are. sorry im not much help.

Comment

subscribing, going to need some work done in midlothian, roof is too steep for my clumsy rear to get up there and replace half of the roof...

Comment

Originally posted by paull View Post
        If you have a ladder and the roof isnt to steep . you should be able to do them on your own. i dont live close to you or id offer help. but you should be able to get some shingles somewhere locally that match exact or close enough and to replace em, gently pry the old ones out and remove old nails, and starting from bottom up, replace as needed and nail 3 to 4 nails n each one depending on what shingles they are. sorry im not much help.
        4 nails per shingle minimum by any manufacturer spec. If you are in a high wind area 6 nails per shingle. 6 nails is usually only done in areas by the coast not needed in Denton.

Comment

It looks like I lost or will lose in next wind storm about 60 shingles

It bent, cracked a bunch of them

Looks better today no, wind, warm but they need to be fixed

I'm not climbing there, stand on my tip toes I get dizzy

Comment

Can anyone refer me to a dependable , trusted company to call to fix my roof ?

Comment

Working...
            X