Hot Shot Trucking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Shot Trucking

anyone do this? i was wanting to do this on my own but would like some input. i know the fuel is high right now.. im sick of working weekends etc..

Originally posted by turboten5 View Post
    anyone do this? i was wanting to do this on my own but would like some input. i know the fuel is high right now.. im sick of working weekends etc..
    i bet you would still be pulling a lot of weekends bro.

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Especially if you start up your own gig. Lots of sacrificing go into a profitable company

RESIDENT ELECTRICIAN AND WIRING GURU!!!!

Comment

Very hard to make money right now with fuel so high and the economy doing crappy. You will HAVE TO work weekends. Just no way around it.

Comment

There is nothing else that needs to be said. These guys know what they are talking about. I have been in and around the logistics business for the last 11 years. Even the best companies that are well set still pull weekend work.

I know several people that started their own trucking companies and they work 7 days a week, almost every week. There may be an occasional weekend they dont have to work both days. This is even when the economy was good. Its a tough business to start up.
          Originally posted by mutherjuggz
          That whole "making love" shit is for the birds. I won't get all graphic on my preferences, but if you can't knock the bottom out with a vengeance.... leave me alone

Comment

As someone that uses ALOT of these guys I can tell you it's a pretty competitive market. The first time you don't answer when I call, you go to the bottom of the list. If I call anymore than 3 times without an answer, I will not be calling again.

If you are serious about starting up, the best advice I can give is find a couple of businesses that deliver to a certain area and try to get on their vendors list. Once you get your foot in the door ask to focus on a specific area whether it be local or long haul. There are ALWAYS loads in the Houston - DFW corridor. Take a load to Houston, deliver, reload in Houston and haul back to DFW.... dead-heading will kill your pocket book.

Hot shot trucks are based more on convenience rather than pricing. I don't care if you charge a dollar more a mile if you will leave RIGHT NOW! I understand that if I want something delivered overnight it might cost a little more, but that's fine.

Also, since you will need your own authority (DOT #'s) try and find someone that already has them that is trying to get out of the trucking industry. This will save you $$$.

PM me with any ?'s I deal with these services on a daily basis and don't want to bore everyone else with trivial details.
            If it weren't for the gutter, my mind would be homeless.

Comment

Working...
            X