Diet Q's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diet Q's?

Ok, first of all, I don't have a problem working out. I actually love working out, and now that I work at a gym, I'm working out 5 days a week, because basically I have no excuse not to. I do however, have a dieting problem. I pretty much eat anything and everything. Just looking for some easy dieting tips that basically involve as little cooking as possible. I'll cook on occasion for dinner, but I don't really want to cook meals to prepare for lunch, or cook breakfast. Also, I need some good ideas for snacks. Also, try and keep budget in mind. Unfortunately, the gym doesn't exactly pay what I used to make.

I'm basically looking for 5 or 6 ideas that I won't get too tired of eating often.
    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Buy frozen grilled chicken and precooked/ canned veggies or rice. Snack on veggies or beef jerky. You can also do frozen diners. Canned tuna, low calorie wraps, etc.

Comment

I ate a lot of shakes and subway at the beginning. Gets old but works if you don't cheat.. It will be hard to bulk though on that unless your main goal is toning and weight loss.
      sigpic

Comment

I grill on the weekend for the following week. lean hamburger patties (slider size), grilled chicken strips. etc. Chicken is good because you can marinade and season in many different ways to mix up the flavors. These make great lunches and snacks during the day so your other meals aren't so large. I've lost 69 pounds eating small protien filled 'meals' every 2 -2.5 hours. Ditched the sugar to the maximum extent practical and water with every meal. the prepackaged meals have so much sodium

Comment

When I don't have cracker roommates raiding my food supply, I'll cook several meals worth of food at a time, and refrigerate or freeze individual meals in those entrée sized storage containers. I'm not sure if that's what you are asking for, but it cuts down on time I spend cooking, money spent on food, and portion size because you can only fit so much into those containers.
          Men have become the tools of their tools.
          -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by MOSFET View Post
            When I don't have cracker roommates raiding my food supply, I'll cook several meals worth of food at a time, and refrigerate or freeze individual meals in those entrée sized storage containers. I'm not sure if that's what you are asking for, but it cuts down on time I spend cooking, money spent on food, and portion size because you can only fit so much into those containers.
            Yeah, I was kinda thinking for lunch or something, just cook like 2 lbs of ground turkey at once, and just take that to work with some kind of steamed veggie. Do they make pre-packaged veggies that I can just throw in the microwave at work?

I love beef jerkey, but it's too goddamned expensive.

I don't care about bulking up at all.

Comment

Originally posted by MOSFET View Post

This is the easiest way I have found to stick to the diet. Do your batch cooking on a Sunday afternoon for the whole week. Portion everything out, and toss it in the fridge. When you do this, you have no excuse to stop for fast food, and will be less tempted to cheat because you took all the work out of it when you cooked it all at once. I prefer fresh veggies and preparing them myself, but those veggie steamers in a bag are so damned easy. Also, brown rice will get old with a quickness. Quinoa is a protein packed substitute that you can make a variety of ways, and tastes good.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I'd stay away from frozen meals, they're typically really high in sodium.
                Originally posted by Jester
                Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                Originally posted by Denny
                What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                  I'd stay away from frozen meals, they're typically really high in sodium.
                  Sodium just makes you retain water, I can deal with that. Luckily, I don't really like frozen meals.

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                    Yeah, I was kinda thinking for lunch or something, just cook like 2 lbs of ground turkey at once, and just take that to work with some kind of steamed veggie. Do they make pre-packaged veggies that I can just throw in the microwave at work?

I don't know if they have them in individual sized, but I've seen them bigger. Like bcoop said, really damned convenient.

I'm a huge fan of spinach, and will throw a fist full into a bag with a few cherry tomatoes and carrots, and munch on that as a side to turkey/bison patty, and then throughout the day until it's gone or I'm full. I guess it's a salad, but not very exciting and no dressing.

Jerky is not that expensive if you make your own. It's really easy.
                    -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Is there a way to make it without a dehydrator?

Comment

With my calorie counting plan, I can only eat 1850 calories. But I can eat 1850 calories of anything, and I've almost lost 10lbs in two weeks eating whatever I feel like. My savior is the Jimmy Dean D-light breakfast sandwiches. 260calories, 7 grams of fat, 18g of protien. I could eat them for every meal and be just fine. I have also started choosing gum instead of snacks. It's help me realize the right amount to eat and started to shrink my appetite.
                        2012 GT500

Comment

Watch out for the fat content in that ground turkey.
                          Like I have always said, I prefer the taste and nutrition of 4% beef over almost all ground turkey.

Comment

I always prepare all of my meals for the week on Sundays.
                            I bring my breakfast, brunch, lunch, and snacks throughout the week.
                            On the weeknights, I cook at home and also cook a lot on the weekends as well.
                            If you want to eat healthy, it's far from cheap...as I spend anywhere from $1,000-$1,200 per month on just food.

If anyone wants any pictures of the stuff that I cook weekly...I have 100+ pictures of the food that I cook for myself on my facebook.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

Is there a way to make it without a dehydrator?
                              You might be able to use your oven - set on low. I've never done it that way, but there are some how-to's floating around out there.
                              -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Working...
                              X