Final Fantasy XV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Fantasy XV

Didn't see a thread about this game. Perhaps its because how poorly FFXIII did and people just think its going to be a flop. I am hopeful though they will pull this off.

They announced back in 2006 they were making FFXIII Versus. They kept showing little pieces of a great looking game. Then they changed the name to Final Fantasy XV and have completely redone the majority of the work they had already done. (Switching from PS3 to PS4). So 10 years after the announcement it will be released. Sept 30.

Square Enix is spending tons of money trying to sell this title. Not only on the game but a 5 or 6 part Anime Series called Final Fantasy Brotherhood that will tell the story up to the game and give you some back ground info on each of the main characters. They will also release a full length CGI film to go along with the game. (with some big named voice actors to)

Final Fantasy Kingsglaive.

This Movie is supposed to tell the story of whats happening in the city during the game which takes place mostly outside the city.

Voice actors named so far are Sean Bean, Lena Headey, and Arron Paul.

The Audi shown in the trailer will also be made as a 1 off and sold at auction.

Comment

Final Fantasy Brotherhood Episode 1

Comment

Meh, Final Fantasy X was the last one worth a shit to me. I'll probably play it but won't go into it with high expectations.
        Originally posted by Nash B.
        Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Just wondering if anyone else has played it. I beat it last night. (39 hours) and I still have a ton of side stuff I'm going back through to do.

Overall I would say 8/10.

I would recommend watching the movie and the anime before playing just to fill in some of the story gaps in the game itself.

Chapters 1-8 is open world. I love open world game play but it actually hurt the story because there is just too much to do and makes the main story a little harder to follow. But you can beat the game and them come back and do everything you missed so it isn't that big of a deal.

Chapter 9-15 is very linear but some of the best story/game play I have played in a long time. The only complaint is chapter 13 which was just too long for so little happening.

Just over all a good game. Leaps and bounds better then the last few they have put out there.

Comment

Yep. Wife and I put about 60 hours into it(level 61 when we beat it) and LOVED it. Very cool game. Probably go back in about 6 months to play the DLC.

Comment

Loved this game, favorite Final Fantasy by far. Combat is the highlight believe it or not. Story has some plot holes but overall it's great. The ending is the best ending of any game or movie I've seen IMO. It all flows together so well. Favorite game this year.

I've beaten it, leveled to 70 or so, done half of the post-end dungeons and beaten the giant turtle. Kind of running out of things to do at this point, but still want to play more. Hope DLC comes soon!
              2004 Z06 Commemorative Ed.

Comment

Originally posted by mschmoyer View Post
                Loved this game, favorite Final Fantasy by far. Combat is the highlight believe it or not. Story has some plot holes but overall it's great. The ending is the best ending of any game or movie I've seen IMO. It all flows together so well. Favorite game this year.

I've beaten it, leveled to 70 or so, done half of the post-end dungeons and beaten the giant turtle. Kind of running out of things to do at this point, but still want to play more. Hope DLC comes soon!

I beat it around lvl 50 I think and used those special crafted spells to boost my XP up while going in and doing a lot of the stuff I skipped. Beat the turtle at lvl 70 and it took about 2 hours. 4 trophies left for Platinum and still have all the dungeons to go through. Need Fishing, Cooking, 80 side quests and 5 more of the fancy weapons.

Comment

and it just got better..

Sniper Rifle? Looks kinda funky to use but I now have something else to do..

Comment

Done everything but the very last dungeon. If y'all haven't done the Pitioss Dungeon, look it up. Probably the most frustrating bullshit I've ever done in a game, but felt accomplished when it was over. As a game overall, I'd give it a 6/10. Shitty story, shitty and repetitive voice acting, lifeless world, and characters I couldn't care less about. However, it's a great time killer.
                    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Working...
                    X