DFW Mustangs

DFW Mustangs (http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/index.php)
-   Tech (http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Anyone running Fitech? (http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=69765)

Scott Mc 03-23-2018 09:22 PM

Anyone running Fitech?
 
I bought the 600 kit this week with the fuel management system. Threw it on the bird yesterday to the point of testability. Anyone mess with these systems?

cool cat 03-23-2018 10:59 PM

Not yet, once the T5 is newisher and some what improved I will.

Scott Mc 03-23-2018 11:16 PM

https://youtu.be/KsBOPLv_gDM

Yea I too stoopid to embed.

Got it yesterday and added sanderson shorties due to restrictive and broken log manifolds. I kinda cheated it to here but I am pretty happy so far.

AnthonyS 03-24-2018 09:18 AM

I'm considering fitech or the holley sniper for my Miata 5.0 swap. It already has an efi fuel system so it should be an easy install. I was dreading cleaning and running/integrating a Ford EEC harness, so I really prefer the new systems.

Scott Mc 03-24-2018 02:28 PM

https://youtu.be/0uSuSgckfjk

I ordered a dual pickup distributor due to the Fitech not being compatable with pertronix ignition.

Scott Mc 03-24-2018 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnthonyS (Post 1686646)
I'm considering fitech or the holley sniper for my Miata 5.0 swap. It already has an efi fuel system so it should be an easy install. I was dreading cleaning and running/integrating a Ford EEC harness, so I really prefer the new systems.

I think they make a harness for that swap, I would try to keep a factory gt40 intake if ya can. I have had good luck with exploder 5.0 setups over the years.

JV106 03-24-2018 03:39 PM

I run a Ron Francis cobra-75 EEC-IV swap harness in my fox. It’s intended for ppl that are putting a fox motor with factory efi in other vehicles. If your 5.0 is stock and going to stay stock I might suggest an A9L/eec-iv.

If you’re swapping HCI it’s a no brainer in my opinion to get rid of that old computer and jump into a modern efi.

I plan on getting a pro-m setup or Holley dominator type system on mine at some point.

AnthonyS 03-24-2018 03:54 PM

Already have a 5.0 with cam afrs and explorer intake. I'm going to remove intake and go Weiand stealth and carb style EFI.

JV106 03-24-2018 09:01 PM

Keep us posted on how it runs. The ppl Iíve seen posting about it that actually have it seem to think highly of it.

Scott Mc 03-24-2018 09:49 PM

https://youtu.be/JhKKTF82iw8

Here is where I have cheated it with non adjustable timing and open headers. Now understand, Betty here was embarrassingly slow even with the rebuilt engine. This shows promise to needing some updated suspension lol.

projectPONY 03-27-2018 06:01 PM

Subscribing. I purchased my 600hp kit with drop in fuel pump a couple of months ago. Haven't installed it yet as I'm still buttoning up the motor. It will be going in my '68 F100.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Scott Mc 04-10-2018 01:47 AM

I pulled a rabbit out of my ass and got full exhaust put on with an x pipe, 2.5s into 40 series flows out the back, fixed some oh shit issues and rolled out to LSR on Friday. I had a few small issues but overall this has been one of the best purchases for a build I have ever bought. That being said, they should send a correct install manual and it wouldn't hurt to have good training videos so you don't have to spend hours trying to figure the shit out.

What really impressed me is I rolled back home between 65 and 90, engine wise it was like a new car, crisp throttle almost always and feels almost where I want the car with power for the time being. Now my issue is I feel the need to upgrade the suspension asap followed by a whole new list. I gotta edit some videos and pics but will post soon.

cool cat 04-10-2018 07:22 AM

What were the issues you had, and what was missing from the manual?

projectPONY 04-10-2018 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cool cat (Post 1687777)
What were the issues you had, and what was missing from the manual?

X2

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Scott Mc 04-10-2018 10:56 AM

The wiring diagram in the instructions has 2 incorrect wire colors and tells you incorrect instructions on fan relay hookup. The harness also came with wires misspinned (that was fun figuring out). I found a few real good pages on the youtubes that reeeeeeaally helped out. As far as the trip issues, the Fitech was flawless, my issues were a burnt spark plug wire and I blew up my 4th or so power steering pump. Thinking of putting hydro boost on her and finding a serpentine belt setup since the car eats factory pumps.

cool cat 04-10-2018 12:02 PM

Hopefully they have that straightened out soon, but at least I don’t have to worry about the fan relay.

Baron Von Crowder 04-10-2018 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Mc (Post 1687770)
I pulled a rabbit out of my ass and got full exhaust put on with an x pipe, 2.5s into 40 series flows out the back, fixed some oh shit issues and rolled out to LSR on Friday. I had a few small issues but overall this has been one of the best purchases for a build I have ever bought. That being said, they should send a correct install manual and it wouldn't hurt to have good training videos so you don't have to spend hours trying to figure the shit out.

What really impressed me is I rolled back home between 65 and 90, engine wise it was like a new car, crisp throttle almost always and feels almost where I want the car with power for the time being. Now my issue is I feel the need to upgrade the suspension asap followed by a whole new list. I gotta edit some videos and pics but will post soon.

how was the roundup this year?

BLAKE 04-10-2018 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baron Von Crowder (Post 1687806)
how was the roundup this year?

Cold!

Friday was good, but Saturday was brutal. Stayed in the 40's with a strong, cold wind and occasional light rain. Well-attended and lots going on, but that cold really cut down on the fun factor.

aggie97 04-10-2018 04:28 PM

I want the 1200hp system for my c3 headed 358 but worried that the 180 degree headers into a big single is going to screw with it...

Scott Mc 04-10-2018 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baron Von Crowder (Post 1687806)
how was the roundup this year?

Yea I am sick now lol. Austin Speed shops event was kickass!

From what I have seen if you are going for serious power a single plane manifold is the way to go. Some people(cough DJ) had issue with dual planes. Tune ability wise it is excellent.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.