1990 coupe street car driver build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990 coupe street car driver build

I bought this car about 2-3 years ago. Car was not able to drive on street the motor had bad cam bearings, rear axles were home made,int was out of it. Pretty much bought it in pieces. At first I just wanted to get it running and reliable. So i installed a new short block, trans, axles, put int back in,new 03 cobra blac chrome rims and got it back on the road. Was not happy with the paint so decided to tear it down and paint the whole car. this is what car looked like before I decided to redo everything. Windsor jr heads,tfs stage 1 cam,Vic jr intake, fms1.6rr,650 dp carb all msd ignition.th3550 Trans Lakewood bell.pic of engine bay before tear out.new superiour rear axles
    Last edited by FOKAI; 08-14-2015, 09:08 AM. Reason: Change

And now the distruction.decided to go down to bare metal. took almost 3 months working on my days off to get this thing down to bare metal a ton of work.
    Last edited by FOKAI; 03-02-2013, 12:37 AM.

Comment

Found some stuff under paint that I had to weld up welding up.int all out but dash.
      Last edited by FOKAI; 03-02-2013, 12:36 AM.

Comment

First coat of epoxy.

Comment

Currently pulling out motor and Trans so I can start on smoothing engine bay. New weld in scot rod fab inner fender panels on there way. Sold race seats and carpet decided to go with stock look. Picked up a set of tweed seats and new smoke grey carpet. qa1 k member.my new wheels waiting on new tires to arrive. 3.5 fronts 10.5 rears. More updates on build soon.
          Last edited by FOKAI; 03-02-2013, 12:16 AM.

Comment

looks like it was in great shape to begin with. I don't see where any bodywork was needed. hope to do this to mine one day.
            --carlos

sigpic

Comment

Drool.
              ./ ____ _ _\.
              (]]]_ o _[[[)
              \o_FORD_o/
              |__|.....|__|

God closes doors no man can open, God opens doors no man can close. Revelations 3:7-8

Comment

Originally posted by projectPONY View Post
                looks like it was in great shape to begin with. I don't see where any bodywork was needed. hope to do this to mine one day.
                When I stripped it all down to metal and sprayed epoxy all the dents popped up and there is a ton of work to be done. At this point I respect all the people that have gone this far down it's a ton of work. Going with ppg deltron Bimini blue and high end clear.

Comment

Good looking build!

Comment

Look good man can't wait to see that Bimini blue sprayed. One of my fav colors

Comment

Fokai, that color should look good on there. Since you've already proven yourself crazy, wanna do another?

I really need this done for the SVO. Easy color - white.
                      sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                      17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                      13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                      86 SVO - Sold
                      '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                      01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                      65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

cool car, i think i remember seeing it one craigslist when i was looking for a mustang.

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                          Fokai, that color should look good on there. Since you've already proven yourself crazy, wanna do another?

I really need this done for the SVO. Easy color - white.
                          Yes, i originally wanted to go with bright atlantic blue but i just started to really like Bimini blue. Don't think I'll be Doing another build like this untill my son is old enough to help lol. You should just break down and do it to the svo. I learned the hard way to do it right the first time or you will be doing it again.

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
                            cool car, i think i remember seeing it one craigslist when i was looking for a mustang.
                            yes had it posted for few weeks but then decided to just keep it and restore it. Now I have to much work done to it pretty much keeping it and pass down to kiddo.

Comment

Originally posted by FOKAI View Post
                              Yes, i originally wanted to go with bright atlantic blue but i just started to really like Bimini blue. Don't think I'll be Doing another build like this untill my son is old enough to help lol. You should just break down and do it to the svo. I learned the hard way to do it right the first time or you will be doing it again.
                              Sadly, this would be my 5th complete rebuild (different cars/trucks, of course), so it's not new to me, I'm just old and lack enthusiasm. Part of my problem is too many vehicles and not enough workspace. My f'ing HOA won't allow a shop, and I sure regret not getting another garage. You would think three would be plenty.

Keep the pics coming and good luck with your's.
                              sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                              17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                              13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                              86 SVO - Sold
                              '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                              01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                              65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Working...
                              X