Anyone watch the AAF games over the weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone watch the AAF games over the weekend

So, i was channel changing Sat night and caught the San Antonio game. It was cool, just football but at least its 10 more weeks of football. Saw some ex-nflers and college players. 8 teams, 10 weeks and then playoffs.
    So is anybody watching it? Alliance of American Football. Two games on Sat, 2 games on Sun.
    Some different rules:
    Clock runs if you go out of bounds
    No extra points, must go for two
    No onside kicks unless down by 17 points, then go from a fourth and 12
    No kickoffs, start on 25
    Max of 5 defense players rushing passer
    Last edited by johnboy; 02-11-2019, 04:46 PM. Reason: Fat fingers
    sigpic

My neighbor plays in that league so I watched a bit. He was in the NFL for 5 years I think and is trying to stay busy to get back in after and injury.

Comment

I'm only mildly intrigued... I didn't tune in as Saturday nights are the least likely time to find myself in front of a TV but whatevs. I will likely record one and give it a look. This time of year is my TV offseason as I'm between Cowboys and F1/MotoGP with the Rangers on in the background every night while doing stuff around the house.
      Originally posted by stevo
      Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

I heard they had good ratings...where can you find a full schedule of this league?
        Originally posted by Da Prez
        Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
        Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Learn about aaf.com and contact us for any business inquiries.

I just saw some games are on the NFL network. They must plan for this to be a feeder series.

Comment

Thanks! Heck yeah Saturday and Sunday games!
            Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
              Thanks! Heck yeah Saturday and Sunday games!
              The level of talent seemed pretty high and the gameplay was smoother than I expected. These are a lot of very talented players trying to get back into the NFL.

Nick Folk was one of the kickers for example...and of course he missed the kick that I saw lol

Comment

Ruffdaddy is right. AAF announcers were talking about how they want this league to be a steppingstone (back for some) to the NFL.
                Players are under contract, but theres a clause where if they get called to nfl they can go.
                Daryl " Moose" Johnson is affiliated with the San Antonio team, he was on the sideline. Mike Singletary is the head coach of Memphis and there were alot of names I recognized from nfl and college.
                sigpic

Comment

I found it good to watch overall. Like to see some of the game be a little closer, but it does illustrate the gap between an NFL team / any other team out there.

Gives us all a chance to be scouts/bitch about not picking this guy/that guy. Some will never make it while others get a chance to stay in game shape and/or make some cash playing a game they enjoy.
                  Originally posted by MR EDD
                  U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                    The level of talent seemed pretty high and the gameplay was smoother than I expected. These are a lot of very talented players trying to get back into the NFL.

Nick Folk was one of the kickers for example...and of course he missed the kick that I saw lol
                    LOL....Wow Nick Folk is still around lol.

Comment

I tried to watch one, made it 5 minutes and got bored. And WTF with the ref's uni's, just wear normal old stripes!

Comment

I see this as being a feeder league (most of the people running it are former NFL executives, partners executives, or team mangers/players). Looks like they will likely use this to test new NFL rules too. I noticed no kickoffs and a few other changes to make the games quicker.

Comment

Watch a bit of a game...its better than no football...and we have about 2 more months of it...so I dont really mind it.

Comment

I saw some of the Saturday night game for week 2, it was better than the NBA dunk contest that's for sure!
                            Originally posted by stevo
                            Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Watched both of the Saturday games on 2/16 and they turned out to be pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                              X