Ktm smc r 690

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ktm smc r 690

Anybody got any love or hate for these things? Known issues?
    Matts1911SA - XBox Live Gamertag

Originally posted by NTexas_V-Star View Post
    Anybody got any love or hate for these things? Known issues?
    Prolly a fun bike until it breaks or needs a service. I'll stick with my XR650 and save the 9 grand for something else.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
      Prolly a fun bike until it breaks or needs a service. I'll stick with my XR650 and save the 9 grand for something else.
      the lc4 is tried and true. matt, quit hemhawing and just get one lol

Comment

Buddy of mine traded in his 2012 XR650L on Friday for a brand new left over 2018 KTM 350EXC and took it for its first ride today. About 30 minutes into his ride he said the engine started ticking loudly at 60mph and when he pulled in the clutch the engine seized and wont turn now..and yes before you ask the dealership prepped it before he left with it and he verified the oil was full and fresh. Dealership sent a truck and loaded him and the bike up and took him home and the bike back to the dealership. This kind of shit makes me very leery of KTM as I've heard horror stories before about things like this. Should be interesting to hear how this turns out.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
          Buddy of mine traded in his 2012 XR650L on Friday for a brand new left over 2018 KTM 350EXC and took it for its first ride today. About 30 minutes into his ride he said the engine started ticking loudly at 60mph and when he pulled in the clutch the engine seized and wont turn now..and yes before you ask the dealership prepped it before he left with it and he verified the oil was full and fresh. Dealership sent a truck and loaded him and the bike up and took him home and the bike back to the dealership. This kind of shit makes me very leery of KTM as I've heard horror stories before about things like this. Should be interesting to hear how this turns out.
          Do you happen to know which dealership he got it at?

Comment

Originally posted by NTexas_V-Star View Post
            Do you happen to know which dealership he got it at?
            Grapevine Powersports

Comment

I fail to see the link between a 350exc and a 690 lc4? other than nameplate and maybe some plastic parts not much is shared between the two

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                I fail to see the link between a 350exc and a 690 lc4? other than nameplate and maybe some plastic parts not much is shared between the two
                Not much other than the fear of buying an expensive Austrian motorcycle and having it suffer a catastrophic failure with less than 30 miles on it...and I have heard stories of similar failures where KTM blames it on the buyer and refuses to repair it. Hoping that isn't the case this time.

Comment

I've heard bad reviews of Grapevine Powersports before. All over the spectrum of bad service and bad interactions.

Comment

Well after weighing pros and cons and much reading and reviewing I've decided to take the plunge. Hope I don't regret it

Comment

you're going to do the opposite of regret it! congrats on the new rig

Comment

you're going to do the opposite of regret it! congrats on the new rig
                        Thanks...that pic is an internet pic. Picking up the actual bike at 6. Mine has an aluminum skidplate on it but is otherwise showroom stock. 2014 model with 3500 miles on it. Bitch is FAST!!!!!! Anyone wanna buy a 2001 Honda XR650L with a few upgrades?

Comment

sippin the orange koolaid.

the performance compared to your xr will be a night and day difference.

Comment

I love my husky, riding season cant get here soon enough

Comment

I love my husky, riding season cant get here soon enough
                              Riding season? This is Texas...it's always riding season

Comment

Working...
                              X