Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good garage for Ford BOSS engines in Frisco area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good garage for Ford BOSS engines in Frisco area?

I have an MMR 2013 BOSS based engine that has never been started that I need tuned. I live in Frisco. Can anyone suggest a good garage? The car will be towed there so I would like a place within 20 miles or so that does good work at a fair price.

Trustreet in McKinney or I'd probably go HPP in Lewisville

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

If sell it on Craigslist and buy an engine from someone else. If you must run the mmr piece of shit have a local shop take the engine apart check the specs and rebuild it.

Comment

They have a pretty darn good track record and an A+ rating with the BBB.

Opinions such as yours aren't exactly helpful and was not answering the question I asked.

Comment

Originally posted by darrinps View Post
            They have a pretty darn good track record and an A+ rating with the BBB.
            Keeping a good rating with the BBB is as simple as paying the dues for it and is not a good reflection of how trustworthy a business is. The BBB are themselves a bunch of corrupt money grubbing politicians with ZERO morals.
            Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Actually, it's not that simple. You are dinged for unanswered customer complaints. They do verify them too and I know that first hand.

Anyway, this is WAY off topic. The original responder gave me some good info and I have reached out to both companies.
              Last edited by darrinps; 07-23-2017, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Actually, it's not that simple. You are dinged for unanswered customer complaints. They do verify them too and I know that first hand.

Anyway, this is WAY off topic. The original responder have me some good info and I have reached out to both companies.
                As a person who has owned several businesses I have been on the reciving end of a BBB shakedown more times than I can count. As long as you pay for it you will always have a good rating with them. They are not trustworthy at all. Peer reviews are a better way to judge things.

The peers here have all said that HPP has a good reputation over the many years I have been here.
                Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Jesus Christ who cares. The guy owns the engine already.
                  Originally posted by racrguy
                  What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                  Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Want pics of the shit they build I will text them to you. It only cost me 20,000

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                      Jesus Christ who cares. The guy owns the engine already.
                      This. A buyer for that thing is going to check thoroughly anyway before spending that kind of money.
                      WH

Comment

Originally posted by one slow 5.0 View Post
                        Want pics of the shit they build I will text them to you. It only cost me 20,000
                        No
                        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

True street is off Hwy 5 behind the driver license building
                          Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
                            True street is off Hwy 5 behind the driver license building
                            Thanks. I emailed them and HPP. True Street is a lot closer and it looks like they are very Ford friendly so I'll probably go with them assuming the price is comparable.

Appreciate you folks getting back to me BTW. Sorry someone had an issue with MMR, and another with the BBB, but I just need a tuner.

Comment

Thanks. I emailed them and HPP. True Street is a lot closer and it looks like they are very Ford friendly so I'll probably go with them assuming the price is comparable.

Appreciate you folks getting back to me BTW. Sorry someone had an issue with MMR, and another with the BBB, but I just need a tuner.
                              Stick around you'll get tons of terrible advice, we're known for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X