Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBQ gun restoration.

Found this thought I’d share.

This is an industrial made weapon i got it from my elder brother's friend. but i am upset because YouTube demonetized my last restoration project. But i am k...
    Last edited by soap; 05-10-2019, 11:59 PM.
    sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
    🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

What in the fuck is a BBQ gun?

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
      I guess you’re not on that $$Choo$$ $$Choo$$ money.
      or cow skin rug and/or savanna cat lifestyle.

An old term from the Southwest that refers to a gun that is not worn daily. It won't have the scratches, wear marks, etc a daily wear gun would have. These guns were not something that were never used or "useless." In the time the term came about they were functional guns (sometimes, heavily modified for better accuracy/reliability/etc) that might have some custom engraving, polishing, or custom grips. They didn't make many guns purely for show - they made guns to use and users modified them for show. They were normally worn in tooled leather holsters as opposed to daily wear holsters - which were plain. In the revolver days (before semi-auto pistols) a church gun was a normal firearm as described above. After the semi-auto pistols arrived on scene this term applied to mostly Colt 1911's. Current times this can apply to any firearm that has custom work designed to enhance mainly appearance and, much of the time - functionality. However, this should not be confused with a (today's term) "bling gun" - which can imply that the gun is more for show than effectiveness. Or that the user is not proficient in its use because it is only worn on special occasions. In the Southwest BBQ's could be at a casual get together, a special event, wedding, or a different/very formal affair. Also known as a "Church gun," a "Court Gun," or "the 4th of July gun" (in Wyoming) for obvious reasons.

Wilson combat just came out with one.
      Wilson Combat has been the innovator in custom pistols, long guns, and accessories since 1977. Home of the Wilson Combat 1911, EDC X9, WCP320, and more!
      Last edited by soap; 05-11-2019, 11:01 AM.

🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by soap View Post
        I guess you’re not on that $$Choo$$ $$Choo$$ money.
        or cow skin rug and/or savanna cat lifestyle.

Wilson combat just came out with one.
        https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...n5B3mjdJkgElyu
        Naw, we are just not retarded.

Comment

Looks ghey as fuck. Another gimmick designed to separate an idiot from his money.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
            Naw, we are just not retarded.
            Peasants. So who here has a BBQ gun?

🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Peasants. So who here has a BBQ gun?
              A fool with no money.

Comment

It’s not just that Wilson combat. It could be a cheap $200 gun. As long as it’s really bright. It doesn’t need to be a functioning gun. Just nickel plated preferably with gold accents and maybe some Bright ass grips. BBQ gun is actually a kinda social a thing.

🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

It’s not just that Wilson combat. It could be a cheap $200 gun. As long as it’s really bright. It doesn’t need to be a functioning gun. Just nickel plated preferably with gold accents and maybe some Bright ass grips. BBQ gun is actually a kinda social a thing.
                  I may have to eat my words one day, but I will be damned if I own a gun with gold on it.

Comment

Nick Cage did this about 22yrs ago.

I have Kimber that's probably my nicest gun, but it is still made to do a job and I don't need it gold plated to do what I need it to do.

I saw the entire video, very impressive to bring that piece of iron back to life, I would have liked to see it shoot a round thru it though...
                    Last edited by Rick Modena; 05-11-2019, 12:26 PM.
                    Originally posted by Silverback
                    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                      A while back somebody here introduced us to the concept...there's a thread about it here somewhere.

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                      I saw the entire video, very impressive to bring that piece of iron back to life, I would have liked to see it shoot a round thru it though...
                      It's a bbq gun. You don't shoot it ...just admire it

Comment

Nobody gives a shit about a 32.

Comment

Don’t forget you’ll need a matching “church gun“ yeah that’s a thing too.

🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Don’t forget you’ll need a matching “church gun“ yeah that’s a thing too.

So carrying it with no mag? Jesus would not approve.
                            Originally posted by stevo
                            Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X