Bainbridge horizontal bandsaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bainbridge horizontal bandsaw

Picked up a Bainbridge 712 horizontal metal cutting bandsaw. It needs a BIT of TLC. Any chance anyone has one of these or experience with one?
    Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
    There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

You can cut up a Cow real nice with it too...
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

That would explain some of the grime......

Would REALLY like to have one to compare against. I think this one was modified by a previous owner causing the blade to run off.
      There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Sounds like it’s worn out, send me your address and I’ll come get it out of the way.

Comment

Bring $200 and I'll load it up.

Comment

Shit, it if was a vertical saw I would. I’ve already got a worn out horizontal about that size.

Comment

Well, that's one of the perks. Once I get it running true, I'll be making a table for it and then I'll have both.

Comment

Making good progress on this saw. Here's how it started. Finished pics coming soon.

Comment

Finally finished. Works AMAZINGLY well. Future changes but I'll be using it till then.

Comment

That turned out nice! Great job on the restore. Is is just a clean up and repaint or did you replace bearings & tires too?

I recently acquired a vintage Craftsman vertical made in 1938 by Walker Turner. Needs a restoration.

Comment

Originally posted by slow84lx View Post
                      That turned out nice! Great job on the restore. Is is just a clean up and repaint or did you replace bearings & tires too?

I recently acquired a vintage Craftsman vertical made in 1938 by Walker Turner. Needs a restoration.
                      Thanks! I replaced everything. Bearings, seals, thrust washers, etc. Only parts I didn't were in the motor. I did tear down the motor, cleaned it all, and checked run out.
                      Lots of measuring, cleaning, sanding, etc.
                      Totally worth it though.
                      That craftsman should clean up nicely!

Comment

Originally posted by slow84lx View Post

Also, if you have to replace bearings, check out vxb.com
                        They had everything I needed.

Comment

That looks like a good resource, I just looked at their website and filed it away. The chances are high that new bearings will be necessary.

Comment

If you have the extra scratch, it's worth it to replace them while your in there. Kind of like piston rings, might as well replace them while you have it all apart. Installation was simple. Freeze the bearings, heat the bore. A bit of lube, and it slides right in.

Comment

Working...
                            X