Classic car roll call. Post 'em up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic car roll call. Post 'em up!

I know several of us have old cars in various states from project to driver, but I'm not really sure who has what and I know it changes pretty frequently (looking at you, Kevin/Homealone). Post a pic or at least tell us what you've got.

My junk that I should've driven to work today...

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
    (looking at you, Kevin/Homealone).
    The amount of bandwidth his collection will take up will crash all of the internet.

I still have my 68 Cougar, which is down for the second time this year due to metal objects being sucked into the engine. The first time was my fault, as I was driving with the air cleaner off of the engine and the carb stud backed out and went into the engine. That mishap took out two pistons, and ruined an otherwise fine 1968 block.

After letting it sit for 5 months an explorer block and a set of pistons were acquired and all was well. Until two of the screws from the carb base plate backed off and went into the engine. Hopefully it can be repaired with minimal expense. I still have 6 pistons from the previous set that can be used and the block appears fine other than some scoring on a few cylinder walls.

So instead of being able to use what little free time I have to redo the grill and headlights, I've been messing with torn up engines.

Comment

Damn, man. That is some seriously rotten luck. I haven't seen the kitty in ages. Hate to hear it's been having so much trouble lately. Not sure what I would do in that situation, but I can guarantee I wouldn't be any fun to be around.

Comment

Damn, man. That is some seriously rotten luck. I haven't seen the kitty in ages. Hate to hear it's been having so much trouble lately. Not sure what I would do in that situation, but I can guarantee I wouldn't be any fun to be around.
        Hopefully that's the last mishap for a while.

Comment

Mines been on moth balls for a while. Had to get a few other projects worked on.

"If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Technically my 91 ZR-1 is a classic and technically the 94GT becomes a classic on 1/1/19. Maybe I should get classic or antique plates for it.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
              Technically my 91 ZR-1 is a classic and technically the 94GT becomes a classic on 1/1/19. Maybe I should get classic or antique plates for it.
              Denied. I’m not concerned with TXDOT’s definition of “classic”. Judges will accept pre-1979.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                Mines been on moth balls for a while. Had to get a few other projects worked on.

Any special plans for the truck?

Comment

Gonna try and get picked up this weekend.
                  Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like turbotown121.

Comment

Originally posted by orphan Shelby View Post
                    Gonna try and get picked up this weekend.
                    http://imgur.com/gallery/CXEphQZ
                    Well that's cool.

Comment

Denied.
                      Double denied.

Comment

I think my 33 year old Grand National counts..state of Texas and US EPA agree.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                          I think my 33 year old Grand National counts..state of Texas and US EPA agree.
                          But it's a Buick............Denied!
                          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I'd post, but F**K photobucket. I need to set up image hosting elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
                              I'd post, but F**K photobucket. I need to set up image hosting elsewhere.
                              This

Comment

Working...
                              X