Single License Plate Bill Introduced in Texas Legislature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single License Plate Bill Introduced in Texas Legislature

Legislation (H.B. 557) to require the issuance of a single motor vehicle license plate for attachment at the rear of the vehicle was introduced in the Texas House Of Representatives. The bill, favored by state hobbyists, would apply to passenger cars and light trucks.
    We Urge You to Contact Members of the House Transportation Committee (Contact Info Below) Immediately to Request Support for H.B. 557

H.B. 557 would apply to all passenger cars used to accommodate 10 or fewer passengers and light trucks, including pickup trucks, panel delivery trucks, or carryall trucks that have a manufacturer's rated carrying capacity of 2,000 pounds or less.

H.B. 557 would protect the aesthetic contours of collector cars and relieve vehicle owners of the burden of having to create mounting holes on fabricated bumpers, etc.

H.B. 557 would save money, conserve resources and bring Texas in line with other states that have moved to a single plate requirement.

DON’T DELAY! Please contact members of the Texas House Transportation Committee immediately by phone or e-mail to request their support for H.B. 557.
    Please e-mail a copy of your letter to Steve McDonald at stevem@sema.org. Also, please forward this Alert to your fellow car enthusiasts. Urge them to join the SAN and help defend the hobby! Thank you for your assistance.
    Texas House Transportation Committee
    To e-mail all Committee members, copy and paste the email address block below:

larry.phillips@house.state.tx.us; armando.martinez@house.state.tx.us; cindy.burkett@house.state.tx.us; yvonne.davis@house.state.tx.us; allen.fletcher@house.state.tx.us; bobby.guerra@house.state.tx.us; linda.harperbrown@house.state.tx.us; george.lavender@house.state.tx.us; Ruth.mcclendon@house.state.tx.us; joe.pickett@house.state.tx.us; debbie.riddle@house.state.tx.us

Representative Larry Phillips (Chair)
    Phone: (512) 463-0297
    Email: larry.phillips@house.state.tx.us

Representative Armando Martinez (Vice Chair)
    Phone: (512) 463-0530
    Email: armando.martinez@house.state.tx.us

Representative Cindy Burkett
    Phone: (512) 463-0464
    Email: cindy.burkett@house.state.tx.us

Representative Yvonne Davis
    Phone: (512) 463-0598
    Email: yvonne.davis@house.state.tx.us

Representative Allen Fletcher
    Phone: (512) 463-0661
    Email: allen.fletcher@house.state.tx.us

Representative Bobby Guerra
    Phone: (512) 463-0578
    Email: bobby.guerra@house.state.tx.us

Representative Linda Harper-Brown
    Phone: (512) 463-0641
    Email: linda.harperbrown@house.state.tx.us

Representative George Lavender
    Phone: (512) 463-0692
    Email: george.lavender@house.state.tx.us

Representative Ruth Jones McClendon
    Phone: (512) 463-0708
    Email: Ruth.mcclendon@house.state.tx.us

Representative Joseph Pickett
    Phone: (512) 463-0596
    Email: joe.pickett@house.state.tx.us

Representative Debbie Riddle
    Phone: (512) 463-0572
    Email: debbie.riddle@house.state.tx.us

its a start, but its bout fucking time.

Comment

isn't this done every year?
      Originally posted by MR EDD
      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

If this passes I'm going to be pretty hacked off that my brand new car has holes in the bumper.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
          If this passes I'm going to be pretty hacked off that my brand new car has holes in the bumper.
          Use a couple of these and get some touch up paint. Paint them and push em in. It'll be at least less noticeable.

Comment

Too bad Paladin isn't here to claim this would cut down on the number of crimes he can solve.
            Originally posted by racrguy
            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
            Originally posted by racrguy
            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
              isn't this done every year?
              No. The Texas Legislature is only in session every other year.
              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                Too bad Paladin isn't here to claim this would cut down on the number of crimes he can solve.
                Is he still the only one posting in Canada?
                "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Skidmark View Post
                  Use a couple of these and get some touch up paint. Paint them and push em in. It'll be at least less noticeable.

My touch up paint just got here and I plan to do this very soon to my car.
                  www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

I haven't ran a front plate on a sports car in the last 7 years FTP, I do hope it passes so I'll be legal for once. I really don't care on my truck, but if it passes I would probably take the front one off.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                      Glad I told my dealer not to install the front plate mount...
                      "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                        I'm fairly certain that was Matt pounding on his chest, not Barney Fife.
                        Originally posted by BradM
                        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                          I'm fairly certain that was Matt pounding on his chest, not Barney Fife.
                          Licenses fall off in front impact situations and it gives PC to pull people over! WARK WARK!

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                            Licenses fall off in front impact situations and it gives PC to pull people over! WARK WARK!
                            That wasn't his argument, though. The whole basis of his argument was "What if someone was backed in to your driveway, robbing your house, and the neighbor saw it, but had no front plate to identify to police?"

You know, a very, very hypothetical specific situation.
                            Originally posted by BradM
                            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                              That wasn't his argument, though. The whole basis of his argument was "What if someone was backed in to your driveway, robbing your house, and the neighbor saw it, but had no front plate to identify to police?"

You know, a very, very hypothetical specific situation.
                              We should have side plates also and maybe one on the roof.
                              Ded

Comment

Working...
                              X