D. Lil's 2004 Z06 Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D. Lil's 2004 Z06 Build

The story begins with an all stock, except for an MGW short throw shifter, 2004 Z06 with 12,500 miles that I bought at the end of 2013.

First I got her lowered all the way on stock bolts, tint, shorty antenna, blacked-out rear corners and taillights.

Next I put on Kooks 1 7/8 longtube headers, 3" Kooks Catless X-pipe with 3" B&B Bullet exhaust and a Vararam intake.

Picked up some C6Z wheels with R888s and upgraded the interior lights with red LEDs.

Also threw in a bluetooth pioneer head unit with a JL audio 12 and a JL amp.

Ran over to Truestreet Motorsports here in Mckinney to get her tuned up. I was very impressed with the gains.

Finally got tired with the terrible popping door speakers so I picked up the JL audio setup from over at Double D Mods. Highly recommend for the price. I just left the big door woofers out to save a little weight.

Pretty self explanatory install. Definitely worth it to remove the seat!

Now my journey with flared fenders begins.

I was a little disappointed with the quality of my fenders when they showed up. Definitely did not expect this much work. Had to repair several cracks in the fiberglass. When I contacted QuickZ06 and showed him pictures I didn't get a reply.

You can see how the screw holes are not badly clogged on the first fender but they are terrible on the one pictured below. This fender also had a crack in it.

After lots of primer, sanding, and bondo this fender is getting close.

Comment

sweet car, terrible pics.

Comment

18x10.5, 19x12

I sent payment 11/10/2014 and was told it would take 5-7 weeks. They showed up at my door yesterday.

Some pics of them being made. Well worth the wait.
        Two piece rears, mono block fronts.

Apparently they liked them enough to do a professional photoshoot. I don't blame them!
        :rock:

The wheels arrive! Packaged very well.

Little imperfection in the clear coat. There are probably two or three of these spots. Being my first set of custom wheels I don't know how anal I should be with their quality. You guys be the judge. I think they came out really great and am not disappointed.

I just threw this fender on to make sure the wheels fit ok. Looks like it'll be about perfect. Had to run to Lowe's for a dremel to do a little trimming on the fender.

And that's where I'm at! Going to work this fender over today and then get started on the other one. Also going to check front wheel fit.
        Need to order some rubber too.

I'm thinking NT-05s.

295/35/18
        345/30/19

Any objections?

Comment

Looks bad ass, so you're in McKinney? My neighbor has a fairly tough sounding satin black Z.
          Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Im impressed!

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
              Looks bad ass, so you're in McKinney? My neighbor has a fairly tough sounding satin black Z.
              Thanks! Yes I am.

Comment

nice
                Originally posted by BoostedGT
                I got one of them POS x275 88mm's sitting on the work bench. Come get it.
                Originally posted by bigminz
                Hell no. Have you seen most of these cars up close? Death traps at those speeds.

Comment

The NT-05 I had were not that great and I would pick the BFG Rival instead, but I don't see them listed for your size.

Comment

Great looking car.
                    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                      The NT-05 I had were not that great and I would pick the BFG Rival instead, but I don't see them listed for your size.
                      My NT05's were good in a straight line, not so much in the corners. I was able to dead hook 450rwhp in 1st gear from a roll with 4.30 gears in a 2900lb car on a 285 NT05
                      Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

nice

Comment

Those wheels are badass!

Comment

car is fucking nice, man
                            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Love it!

How much do those fenders run?

Comment

Working...
                              X