PASSTIME device removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PASSTIME device removal

I bought a car today that was going to be repoed in the morning. I called the tote the note lot and they agreed to sell it to me to save him the repo fee. The damn thing has a passtime device he said he can give me a code to disable it but I want to completly remove it from the car. I cant find any instruction on the web except "Dont remove it you will go to jail" I was the not the person who had the shit credit and I have a signed title release and title from the dealer.

Anyone have any idea how to remove this from a 02 ford Taurus?

Snip Snip, cover exposed wires with heat shrink...
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

I do not knoiw where it is installed at? do they hide these under the dash or in th eengine compartment somewhere?

Comment

Torch
        Big Rooster Racing
        85' Coupe
        sigpic

Comment

check in the trunk behind some panels

Comment

Originally posted by DFWtechie View Post
            he said he can give me a code to disable it but I want to completly remove it from the car.
            I do not knoiw where it is installed at?
            Where are you supposed to enter the code?

Comment

Better yet, take it to them and have them remove it. They can re-use it on another car so they should be willing to remove it...
              "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Sorta like taking an alarm out, find the box follow the wires to ign/ ecm lead cut and solder it back together.

Comment

Are you paying cash? The lot will not like you taking it off if you are still paying them payments lol

Comment

I'd give them the opportunity to take it off, if not find and destroy.
                    Vortex rear stand $75
                    8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                    My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                    but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                    11 4 door
                    13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by JimD View Post
                      Sorta like taking an alarm out, find the box follow the wires to ign/ ecm lead cut and solder it back together.
                      This. I had to install a bunch of them at the Ford dealership I worked at. Find the box around/under the column and the only wire that should be cut is the ignition wire. Cut ignition wire to the box and solder back to original. The other 3 wires is probably just piggy backed and cut them off, and then you have a normal ground coming off the box thats screwed down to the body somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by slostang281 View Post
                        This. I had to install a bunch of them at the Ford dealership I worked at. Find the box around/under the column and the only wire that should be cut is the ignition wire. Cut ignition wire to the box and solder back to original. The other 3 wires is probably just piggy backed and cut them off, and then you have a normal ground coming off the box thats screwed down to the body somewhere.
                        thanks for the detailed info.

Comment

Originally posted by slostang281 View Post

Thank you for the info, found it under the column and 1 wire and the other 2 plus ground. Easy to find and remove.
                          You need one for work, you can have this unit if you want it.

Comment

Thank you for the info, found it under the column and 1 wire and the other 2 plus ground. Easy to find and remove.
                            You need one for work, you can have this unit if you want it.
                            The dealership I worked at quit doing in house financing so they dropped the passtime boxes. I think they are coded or something as well, not sure though since I never dealt with then other than installing or uninstalling them. Glad you got that annoying, aggravating, and noisy POS out.

Comment

Working...
                            X