Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the one car you wish you had back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the one car you wish you had back?

I actually have 2 I wonder about very much.
    1 is my first truck a 69 Chevy lwb red with side pipes and a real wood bed. Damn I miss that truck
    The other is my first car a grey 77 formula with white racing stripes. Who knows maybe someone will have another guy's treasure laying around and they can reunite!?

My BMW 5 series. :facepalm:

Comment

My daily driver in 1999, a 1969 Dodge Charger in Y2 Sunfire Yellow with a black vinyl roof.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
        My BMW 5 series. :facepalm:
        Don't downshift!!!

Comment

My 2nd car, a 1968 Mustang Fastback, 302, top loader 4 speed. I bought it in 1997 for $2500 running and driving with no rust and the interior in boxes, sold it a year later for $10k... worth over $30k now.
          Originally posted by stevo
          Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Got 2 myself.

1993 LX hatch 5.0/5spd. Electric red/black. Loved that car.

1998 Silverado Z71 single cab short bed 5.7/auto. I will hunt down another clean low mile 88-98 one day.

Comment

‘03 Cobra, Black, bought brand new
              Stiegemeier ported blower, kooks longtubes, beefed up IRS and a the stock cable clutch
              Drove it coast to coast
              525/550 at the nittos

I miss that car

Comment

Cool question. Probably Talisman’s Charger, lol.

I thankfully never got rid of my favorite. I kind of wish I had my original 05 GT, but it seems like a waste of a wish. It was basically stock with an aftermarket bumper and I only had it a year.

I wouldn’t mind having my first car (65 6cyl coupe) just for nostalgia, but with my 66 and my daughter’s 66 project taking up the garage, I think I’m full up.

Comment

Lame as it may sound, my first truck. A 1986 Ranger - regular cab 2WD. I'd do a bolt-on 302 swap and enjoy a super fun little around town driver.

I haven't sold any vehicles that just killed me to part with them. I still have my favorite of my three foxes, my truck and my 64 1/2. Everything else has been expendable.

I really do want an RCSB Ranger of 80's vintage though. Along with a dozen other toys.

Comment

And to think it could have been a better topic like which x or one night stand would you want back.

I would want my 77 F150 back or possibly my 98 lincoln mark viii c.e.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                      And to think it could have been a better topic like which x or one night stand would you want back.

I would want my 77 F150 back or possibly my 98 lincoln mark viii c.e.
                      Threads are free to start...

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                        Cool question. Probably Talisman’s Charger, lol.
                        You would have liked my 1967 390 Fastback. Brief daily in 2000. Not an original S-Code, but the closest thing I ever got to owning a "race car." I would love to see a Marti Report on that thing. It was supposedly, and with a small amount of paperwork and decoding to back it up, one of about 6 originally Playboy Pink Fastbacks built in 67. It had been repainted to maroon by the time I got it.

I always found it amusing that I owned the Charger right before The Fast and the Furious came out, then the Fastback right before Gone in 60 Seconds came out.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                          You would have liked my 1967 390 Fastback. Brief daily in 2000. Not an original S-Code, but the closest thing I ever got to owning a "race car." I would love to see a Marti Report on that thing. It was supposedly, and with a small amount of paperwork and decoding to back it up, one of about 6 originally Playboy Pink Fastbacks built in 67. It had been repainted to maroon by the time I got it.

I always found it amusing that I owned the Charger right before The Fast and the Furious came out, then the Fastback right before Gone in 60 Seconds came out.
                          You’re a trendsetter E.

Comment

My 1983 Toyota Supra 5spd manual with a 6MGE engine that I purchased from Japan. I had plans and was ordering parts to build a highly modified 7M-GTE turbo engine from the 87-92 model which should have made around 500 RWHP in race trim...it would have been a vicious street car at the time. A drunk in a late 70's K5 Blazer ended that car. My Trans Am was faster and made the noise everyone likes...my Buick is way quicker in the 1/4...but handles like a school bus...that old Supra handled like it was on rails, was buttery smooth with its inline 6, and would have been brutally quick with the planned drivetrain. It was a good looking car too.

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                              Don't downshift!!!
                              Yeah one of the dumbest things I’ve done in my life.

Comment

Working...
                              X