DFW Mustangs

DFW Mustangs (http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/index.php)
-   Tech (http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Holley Terminator X (http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=71851)

Samhain 11-20-2020 10:29 AM

Holley Terminator X
 
Anyone using it yet, specifically the 550-937F for the foxbody? I'm just about done installing one on my 92 and I'm impressed so far. Getting rid of all those old harnesses was a fantastic feeling.

A few pictures https://imgur.com/gallery/h16NXHV

bobs94formula 12-05-2020 03:23 PM

Nice. I haven't found too many people using it myself. I have an 89 F250 with a 351W that needs an engine refresh and the wiring is crappy. I am trying to decide if I want to go with the Holley or just carb the thing.

DON SVO 12-06-2020 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobs94formula (Post 1747048)
Nice. I haven't found too many people using it myself. I have an 89 F250 with a 351W that needs an engine refresh and the wiring is crappy. I am trying to decide if I want to go with the Holley or just carb the thing.

Thatís a horribly weird decision to make, IMO, Iíd be going Holley.

Broncojohnny 12-06-2020 02:40 PM

I have the Dominator and HP setups on two different cars. The Terminator X seems like a great deal. If I had to do it all over again I would have used Term X on the car with the HP setup.

Samhain 12-08-2020 03:34 PM

I did the initial start up yesterday and it went well. I still need to sync the timing and button up the interior. I’ll add pictures tonight.

Low Dollar MOTORSPORTS is where to buy sensors for a decent price FYI.

Samhain 01-15-2021 12:56 PM

Had to pause this thread, complements of Godzilla.

dblack1 01-15-2021 01:58 PM

So this keeps the tfi?

Speed density?

I need to figure out what I want to do with my 93 cobra. It runs well, but I'm wanting to remove the old paxton and install my s trim on it. That'll mean 42# injectors.

I've got a pms, but I've never had a easy time with it. Can't get could driveability with the 50# injectors.

Samhain 01-15-2021 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dblack1 (Post 1748453)
So this keeps the tfi?

Speed density?

I need to figure out what I want to do with my 93 cobra. It runs well, but I'm wanting to remove the old paxton and install my s trim on it. That'll mean 42# injectors.

I've got a pms, but I've never had a easy time with it. Can't get could driveability with the 50# injectors.

The fox kit has a harness adapter that does let you keep TFI and adds IAC pwm hardwired to an ECU output. It is speed density.

Broncojohnny 01-15-2021 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dblack1 (Post 1748453)
So this keeps the tfi?

Speed density?

I need to figure out what I want to do with my 93 cobra. It runs well, but I'm wanting to remove the old paxton and install my s trim on it. That'll mean 42# injectors.

I've got a pms, but I've never had a easy time with it. Can't get could driveability with the 50# injectors.

If you do the terminator X you can keep the TFI which is generally good up to about 7,000 rpm. The HP and Dominator box can run any ignition from TFI all the way to crank/cam triggered coil on plug.

If you ditch the 42s go straight to the 80 lbers that Ford Motorsport sells, they are the newer style injectors and can be turned way down with really precise control.

I have my car with the dominator box starting and idling pretty well with no IAC at all.

dblack1 01-15-2021 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broncojohnny (Post 1748463)
If you do the terminator X you can keep the TFI which is generally good up to about 7,000 rpm. The HP and Dominator box can run any ignition from TFI all the way to crank/cam triggered coil on plug.

If you ditch the 42s go straight to the 80 lbers that Ford Motorsport sells, they are the newer style injectors and can be turned way down with really precise control.

I have my car with the dominator box starting and idling pretty well with no IAC at all.

Hell yeah, thanks for the advice. I've got a set of everything from 30-50, but I know the modern injectors are far superior. I'll sell them to someone else.

I'll tell you this, I've been into diesels for awhile, and it is now easy to spend $4-5k on a set of injectors.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.