Power Outage..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Outage..

Understand you guys are getting hammered with power outages. Problems with the Wind Turbines??
    Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

I have been driving to check on pools since about 5am. More then 25 are a total loss for the pool equipment so far. That is about 7,000 to 20,000 to repair per pool.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

We are good...but I know a lot of people who haven't had power since about 2am...and most of them have no water now due to frozen pipes

Comment

I wasn't concerned until the power outages started being long term. Now I'm trying to decide if I want to pump the pool down while I have power, or let it ride. Not sure how I'd blow the lines out anyway.
        Justin

Comment

No power for two hrs. straight at 2-4:00am, then back off for an hour at 5:30am. Then all was good til 12:30 pm for about 2 hrs. then off for about 30 minutes been good since.

Water is working but the tankless water heater is in the attic so only the kitchen sink putting out hot water., drips on most faucets seems to have worked for now.

Also gas is weak, but at least its heating. We have a heating blanket and space heater in our master bedroom so we have that going for us to keep us warm during power outages.

Some folks we know aren't faring so good.
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by the spindoctor View Post
            I wasn't concerned until the power outages started being long term. Now I'm trying to decide if I want to pump the pool down while I have power, or let it ride. Not sure how I'd blow the lines out anyway.
            My friend owns a pool plumbing company and he has a pool, I talked to him earlier and he said hes going to drain his pumps for the next few days because he doesn't want to damage his pumps and pipes.
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by the spindoctor View Post
              You don't have to worry about the in-ground Plumbing freezing, everything above ground is what gets fucked up. Typically just draining the water out of the equipment will handle freezing conditions.
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

^^^
                Listen to this guy...

Comment

17 hours no power.
                  Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                  I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                  Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                  Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                  dont downshift!!
                  Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

They (PSO and OGE) were going to institute rolling blackouts here starting this afternoon and continuing through to Tuesday, but about an hour ago they cancelled it. Wouldn't be surprised if we lose power tonight as the temps are supposed to be even lower than last night. Generator is ready to go, but I hope we don't need it.
                    Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

Originally posted by 68RR View Post
                      Understand you guys are getting hammered with power outages. Problems with the Wind Turbines??
                      Hate to say it, but a reliance on it is not helping. 12,000 MW of wind turbines are worthless right now. I've always said "renewable" energy is a great supplement, it should never be a replacement.

PowerOutage.us tracks, records, and aggregates power outages across the United States.
                      "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Green New Deal baby! Just get used to it peasant!

Comment

No power outages where I am, but the water has gone out twice.

Comment

Knock on wood, we're in the part of Rowlett that hasn't been affected. We have friends here in town that have been down since late yesterday evening.

Comment

In and out all day. Only couple times longer than 1hr 1/2, other than that, 20 mins was avg it stays on. Now havent had it since 6pm

Comment

Working...
                              X