Keto diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keto diet

The wife and I started on the keto diet Sunday. This crap is awesome. I have enjoyed every meal, im 6 pounds down, and my wife is down 5. Interesting side note, my wife and daughter are having a great time together cooking, shopping and meal planning. I did start working out over the weekend, but found at the beginning of the week I didn't have the energy or desire to go to the gym. I do feel better now, and look forward to hitting the gym this weekend.
    Is anyone else doing this? everyone I know doing it is seeing results.

I've been doing a Keto/Atkins/Low Carb diet since late last year. I wouldn't say I'm following Keto 100%, due to not tracking my calories or percentages of fat/protein/carbs, just tracking carbs.

I've lost 40 pounds since I started. My wife has lost 15-20 as well. It works great since both of us are doing it together, and there aren't any high carb foods in the house. I was even traveling for work for the last 2 months and was able to keep up with it.

I haven't gone to the gym in a while due to my traveling schedule, so these 40 pounds lost were with zero gym time.

Comment

that's good to hear.
      I was 240 Sunday morning, and I'm down to 234 this morning. That's a lot of weight on a 5'8" frame.

Comment

Have lost 33lbs thus far. Been doing so for six months. Haven't really gained any strength, but haven't lost any. Will do this until I lose another 10 or 15lbs. Then reintroduce carbs slowly, but far more sparingly. I do want to enjoy regular pizza and pasta every now and again!

Comment

16 lbs in 8 weeks. It works.
          Originally posted by PGreenCobra
          I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
          Originally posted by Trip McNeely
          Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
          dont downshift!!
          Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Next week the dr's will tell us keto has a direct link to cancer.

Good knowin ya ladies.

Comment

I was in full blown ketosis from Jan 1st until first of April. I would have liked to have stayed on keto but was on MREs for a straight month. I even tried to eat just the fat foods like cheese spreads, pork patty etc. but I just couldn't get enough. The amount of work we were doing I was eating 4 MREs a day and sometimes a little more and still loosing weight. When our work slowed, I cut back the MREs but I wasn't burning them as fast and the carbs caught up to me. I can feel the inflamation as I type this. I just got off the MREs 2 days ago and will be back at my regular camp tomorrow to get back into keto.

Shitty thing is, I had made fantastic gains (losses) during my 3 months on keto and was on track to go on R&R in 2 weeks with a 6 pack but the carbs busted that dream.
              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

233lb this morning. as of right now I'm pulling a pound a day. If I can keep this up, I'll be at my first goal soon (220). Then my second goal will b3 200. After that I'll start hunting for what weight I want to sit at.

We had our first meal failure last night, anti pasta salid and meat balls. It was awful! we ended up tossing it and having hard boiled eggs.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                  Next week the dr's will tell us keto has a direct link to cancer.

Good knowin ya ladies.
                  If so, after seven years of it I'm well down the road to the big C, LOL.

Comment

Back in ketosis. Even after all the carbs and sugar I ate for 4 weeks and even after a Red Bull on Saturday, I started a 24hr fast Saturday after dinner and broke it Sunday at the same time, and I was back in ketosis shortly thereafter.

Got back to my main camp at 176.8. Weighed in this morning at 170.3. Certainly it was a lot of water weight. My feet were swollen from the sodium in the MREs and the amount of water I was drinking to stay hydrated in the sahara.

I am a few days away from getting to a goal weight of 168 before I head home for R&R and off to the beach with the wife and kiddo. The next hurdle will be staying in keto during my 14 day vacation.

Comment

I did something wrong, ended up out of ketosis and gained 2lb. Need to figure this crap out.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                        I did something wrong, ended up out of ketosis and gained 2lb. Need to figure this crap out.
                        Do you use test strips? It's pretty easy to see when you are showing no ketones in your urine, then think back to what you have eaten and figure out where you went wrong. For me when I show "trace" or "moderate" amounts of ketone, I can eat a high fat food "fat bombs" such as 2-3 oz of cream cheese, 2-3 oz of almonds, a couple ounces of pate` and then take a piss an hour later and be right back on the chart.

You already know, high in fat - no carbs - no sugar and low to moderate protein is keto. So just stay away from the carbs and sugars and load in the fats.

Comment

I have the strips, and we use them. I was doing good and got down to 232, then yesterday I was 233, and today I was 234. Wife fell out too, so it was something we ate together. But when we eat together we fallow a meal plan and cook at home. I think it might be in our portions or something.
                          We will figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
                            Do you use test strips? It's pretty easy to see when you are showing no ketones in your urine, then think back to what you have eaten and figure out where you went wrong. For me when I show "trace" or "moderate" amounts of ketone, I can eat a high fat food "fat bombs" such as 2-3 oz of cream cheese, 2-3 oz of almonds, a couple ounces of pate` and then take a piss an hour later and be right back on the chart.

You already know, high in fat - no carbs - no sugar and low to moderate protein is keto. So just stay away from the carbs and sugars and load in the fats.
                            took your advice, I'm back in and down to 231! lowest I've been in a good long while. I can't wait to see the 220's.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                              took your advice, I'm back in and down to 231! lowest I've been in a good long while. I can't wait to see the 220's.
                              Don't get discouraged based on the scale all the time. I weigh myself first thing in the morning after a piss and right before bed everyday. I don't worry when I go to bed 3 pounds heavier than I did the night before. Just look back at your day. Did you eat more than usual. Did the day before you eat less than usual. Did you take a shit that day... Yes, that matters a lot. You typically store about 7 pounds of shit in your body and more if you are backed up.

Watch the trends of the numbers if you are a person that looks at the scale all the time.

I had a big leg day in the gym today. Since then, I have been eating tons of pistachios (3 servings easily) and 3 beef sticks (6 fat, 1 carb, 5 protein) after my protein shake (20 fat, 1 carb, 30 protein) and another keto shake (20 fat, 1 carb, 3 protein). More protein than I would normally take in but I figure it won't hurt with the workout I did. I may not do a small dinner if I test and my ketones are low but more than likely I will skip dinner and hit the bed early.

Comment

Working...
                              X