Global warmed up: Study finds temperature data systematically fudged upward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Global warmed up: Study finds temperature data systematically fudged upward

It is impossible to conclude that recent years have been the warmest ever because climate scientists have continually adjusted global surface temperature readings upward, a new study says.

The readings by scientists in recent years “are totally inconsistent with published and credible U.S. and other temperature data,” according to the study published last month by Dr. James P. Wallace III, Dr. Joseph S. D’Aleo, and Dr. Craig D. Idso.

reviewed study sought to validate current surface temperature datasets managed by NASA, NOAA and the UK’s Met Office, all of which make adjustments to raw thermometer readings, The Daily Caller noted in a July 5 report.

“The conclusive findings of this research are that the three [global average surface temperature] data sets are not a valid representation of reality,” the study found. “In fact, the magnitude of their historical data adjustments, that removed their cyclical temperature patterns, are totally inconsistent with published and credible U.S. and other temperature data.”

Based on these results, the study’s authors claim the science underpinning the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) authority to regulate greenhouse gases “is invalidated.”

The study found that nearly all surface temperature warming adjustments resulted in cooling past temperatures and warming more current records, increasing the warming trend.

“Nearly all of the warming they are now showing are in the adjustments,” D’Aleo, a meteorologist and study co-author, told the Daily Caller. “Each dataset pushed down the 1940s warming and pushed up the current warming.”

“You would think that when you make adjustments you’d sometimes get warming and sometimes get cooling. That’s almost never happened,” said D’Aleo.

Their study found measurements “nearly always exhibited a steeper warming linear trend over its entire history,” which was “nearly always accomplished by systematically removing the previously existing cyclical temperature pattern.”

The Daily Caller noted that the new study will be included in petitions by conservative groups to the EPA to reconsider the 2009 endangerment finding, which gave the agency its legal authority to regulate carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases.

Their study found measurements “nearly always exhibited a steeper warming linear trend over its entire history,” which was “nearly always accomplished by systematically removing the previously existing cyclical temperature pattern.”

“The conclusive findings of this research are that the three [global average surface temperature] data sets are not a valid representation of reality,” the study found. “In fact, the magnitude of their historical data adjustments, that removed their cyclical temperature patterns, are totally inconsistent with published and credible U.S. and other temperature data.”
    Study Targets Adjusted Climate Data | The Daily Caller

Comment

Comment

mschmoyer will be here to explain to us simpletons why this doesn't matter in 5, 4, 3, ...

Comment

This is my shocked face... Oh yeah I don't have one.

Comment

Like this never happened

Comment

Geology prof said that if global warming is actually happening, it could result in ice age. Becuz: This gigantic ice shelf may break off and drift downwards into warmer waters. The ice shelf is itself composed of only fresh water. This will desalinate the ocean water enough, that it will result in blocking a warm water current that keeps the UK from being cold enough that nobody would live there.

I'm assuming all the surrounding areas/countries would also be fucked. If that's not enough, we've also got asteroids, and the yellowstone supervolcano.
              WH

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                mschmoyer will be here to explain to us simpletons why this doesn't matter in 5, 4, 3, ...
                As I said in the other thread, simply ignore anything that counters the "science".
                Originally posted by racrguy
                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                Originally posted by racrguy
                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                  Geology prof said that if global warming is actually happening, it could result in ice age. Becuz: This gigantic ice shelf may break off and drift downwards into warmer waters. The ice shelf is itself composed of only fresh water. This will desalinate the ocean water enough, that it will result in blocking a warm water current that keeps the UK from being cold enough that nobody would live there.

I'm assuming all the surrounding areas/countries would also be fucked. If that's not enough, we've also got asteroids, and the yellowstone supervolcano.
                  I saw that movie.

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
                    I saw that movie.
                    Haha, same here. It was on on Friday night. I watched it again mainly because it's fun to watch californistan and new york get all fucked up.
                    "You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post

The best estimate is that there is 41,000 cubic miles of ice on earth. Ice shrinks by 11 percent when it returns to a liquid. The best estimate of all of the liquid water on earth is 32,600,000 cubic miles. Ask yourself exactly what a really big is cube would do to all of the liquid water.

FYI: A cubic mile of water is about 1.1 trillion gallons of water.
                      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by AdRock View Post
                        Haha, same here. It was on on Friday night. I watched it again mainly because it's fun to watch californistan and new york get all fucked up.
                        Yeah it was supposedly based on some kind of geological study
                        WH

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
                          Twice now dummies have referenced this proven-false meme photo. Really adds to the credibility of folks posting memes...

While a number of media outlets reported on some briefly-lived scientific fears over global cooling in the 1970s, viral images purporting to show a cover story on the topic are doctored.
                          Last edited by mschmoyer; 07-10-2017, 09:22 AM.
                          2004 Z06 Commemorative Ed.

Comment

If you read about the guy quoted within the article, you find how he came to his conclusions:

D'Aleo is a signatory to the Cornwall Alliance's "Evangelical Declaration on Global Warming".[5] The declaration states:

"We believe Earth and its ecosystems — created by God’s intelligent design and infinite power and sustained by His faithful providence — are robust, resilient, self-regulating, and self-correcting, admirably suited for human flourishing, and displaying His glory. Earth's climate system is no exception."[6]

Sorry, won't get me to believe climate change is real or not based on God's intelligent design...

Not to mention how biased this site obviously is, and can only find similar articles on other biased news sources and not anywhere on a credible news source of any kind (even the regularly biased ones on the same side).
                            2004 Z06 Commemorative Ed.

Comment

LOL, so snopes admits the global cooling was reported in the seventies. But because this pic was photoshopped its, false.

well I am convinced............reading is hard.

Comment

Working...
                              X