Best $25k SUV or Truck???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best $25k SUV or Truck???

The wife wants to upgrade her vehicle... currently in an 03 Tahoe. She wants a full-size SUV (Tahoe or similar) or a 4-door truck (F150 or Tundra). Her wish list is 2009 or newer, under 30k miles, black exterior & interior, DVD system for the 3 year old. She does not need 4x4 and she does not care about MPG that much... Cost of ownership is key because we will keep it 5 years or more.

So... with that in mind, what are your thoughts on the best overall vehicle for ~$25k?

Used nissan titan crew cab. Awesome amount of room, mileage is not that great, resale sucks! There are great deals out there on these trucks.

Edit: Yes, I'm biased. I've owned 3 of them. Great trucks!

Comment

Skip has 2011 F-150 XLT Supercrews for a hair less than $27K. These have the 5.0liter V8 too. A little more and you can get an EcoBoost V6.

Comment

F150 hands down. Then maybe GM, then Toyota, then dodge, but never Nissan.

Comment

I agree...the F150 XLT will be right in that range.

Comment

Is that a pic of your wife in your avatar? We will need more pics of her to decide what kind of SUV she needs.
            I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
              Is that a pic of your wife in your avatar? We will need more pics of her to decide what kind of SUV she needs.
              If he's married to next door nikki, I'll buy him the damned truck outta respect.
              Originally posted by davbrucas
              I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                Post fail.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                  If he's married to next door nikki, I'll buy him the damned truck outta respect.

Like.

Comment

If Skip has an Ecoboost, supercrew, black/black for ~$28k then I'm pretty sure that would be the deal.

Not wife... but hot...

Comment

Few more miles than you prefer but still looks like a really nice truck.
                      "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

She likes this one and seems like the right price...

Comment

Originally posted by kenny c View Post
                          She likes this one and seems like the right price...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...item3cbb15c0ec

Nearly $3000 less. Skip has several

This one is nearly $3500 less.

I swear, Skip should be paying me a commission

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                            Thanks... I sent Skip a PM yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                              F150 hands down. Then maybe GM, then Toyota, then dodge, but never Nissan.
                              Really, GM truck above the Titan?

We're going to strongly disagree here, but I was curious anyway. Why the hatred for the Titan?

My order would be...

F-150, Titan, Dodge/Toyota sort of tied then GM.

My reasoning is every F-150 I've been around has been solid and I own a Titan that I got dirt cheap and is not a bad vehicle. All GMs I've owned sucked, to include the one I still own. I like Toyotas and Dodges, but all the input I've had from various people/sources still indicates the Ford and Nissan are better trucks. Now, I'm not talking the larger trucks - just your basic truck.
                              Originally posted by MR EDD
                              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Working...
                              X