Weird 10mm 1911 on TGT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
    I have a collection of 1911's in .45 that are as real as they get, I have respect for the gun in all it's shapes. The 1911 is simple a vehicle, the calibers vary. If 10mm was around back in 1908, I think John Browning would have done it.
    Now understand if you put one in my hands I'd damned sure shoot it; I'm game for shooting any gun so long as there isn't a high chance of it blowing up in my face. I'd shoot a non-.45 1911 with no hesitation, but I'd probably feel a little dirty afterwords. I imagine it would be kind of like the feeling after buying a hooker; it felt good, and it did what it was supposed to do, but you just feel dirty and a little awkward after the deed is done.
    I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

I don't get it. It's not like 10mm Auto isn't higher-powered and more efficient than .45 ACP.
      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
      HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
        I don't get it. It's not like 10mm Auto isn't higher-powered and more efficient than .45 ACP.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Very serious. .45 Super is closer to 10mm, maybe hotter? But .45 ACP, at its full potential, doesn't touch 10mm at its full potential.
          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
            Very serious. .45 Super is closer to 10mm, maybe hotter? But .45 ACP, at its full potential, doesn't touch 10mm at its full potential.
            You had a double negative in your last post, I wasn't sure if you were saying .45ACP was more powerful than 10mm.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Nevar. .45 Super is what. 45 ACP should have been though. I would like to try. 460 Rowland (I think it's. 460?)
              HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by God View Post
                Enjoy my sons.
                I literally busted out laughing at this comment.

-Aaron

Comment

most of those AMTs were chambered for 10mm magnum as opposed to good old norma 10mm.

They might feed, they may occasionally fire depending on the chamber, but a separate barrel is called for realistically. And AMTs have their own problems.

I spent a lot of time on my IV making it work with 45 mag. There comes a point when the reverend browning's lockup strategy is overwhelmed.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassics View Post
                    most of those AMTs were chambered for 10mm magnum as opposed to good old norma 10mm.

They might feed, they may occasionally fire depending on the chamber, but a separate barrel is called for realistically. And AMTs have their own problems.

I spent a lot of time on my IV making it work with 45 mag. There comes a point when the reverend browning's lockup strategy is overwhelmed.
                    This isn't an AMT automag IV is that's what you're saying.

Comment

Oh, sorry then. Some links aren't working.

So what is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Bassics View Post
                        Oh, sorry then. Some links aren't working.

So what is it?
                        a 1911

Comment

Something interesting I noticed watching Terminator (the first one). Arnold uses an AMT longslide hardballer .45 in the movie. Very similar to the 10mm in question. It just needs the ridiculous 80's laser attachment.

Interesting bit:

The Terminator (Arnold Schwarzenegger) acquires an AMT Hardballer Longslide with a primitive laserlock sight (a one-off made by someone from a company that would later become SureFire) in addition to several other weapons from a gunshop shortly after his arrival from 2029. He first uses it to terminate two women from a phone book who share the name Sarah Connor. When he arrives at the real Connor's (Linda Hamilton) apartment, he is seen with it when confronting her roommate, Ginger Ventura (Bess Motta). Upon tracking Sarah to the Tech Noir nightclub, the Terminator loses this weapon when Kyle Reese (Michael Biehn) intervenes in the attempted termination, at which point he switches to his IMI Uzi.
                          AMT Hardballer Longslide .45 ACP with laserlock sight as used in the film
                          The Terminator inspects the .45 in the gunshop.
                          A closeup of the laserlock sight.
                          Another shot of the Terminator inspecting the gun.
                          The Terminator aims the .45 at Ginger's (Bess Motta) answering machine.
                          The Terminator reloads his .45.
                          The Terminator sets the .45 down as he looks for Sarah's address book.
                          The Terminator aims his .45 at Sarah's head seconds before being stopped by Kyle Reese.
                          In 1984, laser sights were rare, and required a high level of power. This helium neon laser needed 10,000 volts to turn on, and a further 1,000 volts to maintain its brightness. The cables were run up Arnold's arm to a battery that was in his M65 field jacket. The laser was activated by his other hand.
                          Last edited by CJ; 09-30-2011, 02:05 PM.

Comment

We are fortunate that the machines chose to conquer by seeking political office. They should be baffled indefinitely....

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                              Something interesting I noticed watching Terminator (the first one). Arnold uses an AMT longslide hardballer .45 in the movie. Very similar to the 10mm in question. It just needs the ridiculous 80's laser attachment.
                              Wharz phased plasma rifle in the 40w range???

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                                Wharz phased plasma rifle in the 40w range???
                                Hey buddy, only what you see.

Comment

Working...
                                X