Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
    WTC a good buy or nah?

I don't really like to say any are good or bad until I've studied up on them for about... I don't know a good while. You gotta be damn careful and research the hell out of whichever one you're gonna invest in, save for a few of the bigguns like bitcoin and ethereum. Take a look at Superior Coin as a fairly recent example. Lots of people invested, and it imploded and died an ugly death. To me the name just sounded like it was... stretching its credibility for some brand new coin but people see something they like about something and they'll buy into it.
    WH

Comment

The blockchain market is going crazy right now, well beyond coins. IBM seems to be the superior solution, with Microsoft a couple of lengths behind. Anyone else looking into the Blockchain for business tech? Or, ya'll all focusing on just the coin?
      Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
      There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

I'm just focusing on the coins as an investor to make money. I wouldn't know how to implement it other than copy/pasting what others are doing. Its free, so you can use it however you want. Off the top of my head, PotCoin is doing something like that. Well most of them are, but that is one that is fairly easy to understand. Yeah, you buy/sell weed where its legal using potcoin lol. And looking at the rise of PotCoin, people are doing it. Another one that a small business is using (apparently with good success) is LegendsRoom. IIRC its like a small chain of 4 strip clubs in Vegas. You can pay for anything in those (including lapdances, it seems) with LegendsRoom Coins. You buy a whole bunch and it goes way up, well now your money goes a lot further at the strip club. They're also using it somehow with MMA, but I'm not sure how. Maybe its in regards to gambling.
        WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
          Coming from you, that makes me Albert Einstein. Trolling is nothing compared to the shit that you've posted up that you've actually done in real life. I really can't believe you're still here. But I'll go ahead and put you on ignore now. Keep talking, I'm listening, I promise.

How'd that dumbbell rack turnout?

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
            The blockchain market is going crazy right now, well beyond coins. IBM seems to be the superior solution, with Microsoft a couple of lengths behind. Anyone else looking into the Blockchain for business tech? Or, ya'll all focusing on just the coin?
            Blockchain technology is the future from what I'm seeing. It's all pretty damn confusing though. Haha.

Comment

I just thought I'd throw this out there for yall who mine and or deal in crypto currency.

Comment

As long as you're not a money launderer you've got nothing to worry about. When you take profits in fiat currency from bitcoin, they expect you to pay taxes on that just like anything else. If you don't however, and just leave it in bitcoin, you don't really incur taxes. They're being treated as stocks.
                WH

Comment

Saw in interesting article a few days ago on the energy consumption of bitcoin mining. The current "Bitcoin Energy Consumption Index" is around 21.75 TWh/year. If bitcoin were a country it would be ranked 70 in terms of energy consumption - ahead of Iceland and Syria, and just behind Ecuador, Nigeria, and Oman.
                  It's also 40x more energy intensive than Visa.

The Bitcoin Energy Consumption Index provides the latest estimate of the total energy consumption of the Bitcoin network.

Comment

All I know is I sold a GTX970 for about $50 less than what I paid for it new. Winning so much!

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                      Saw in interesting article a few days ago on the energy consumption of bitcoin mining. The current "Bitcoin Energy Consumption Index" is around 21.75 TWh/year. If bitcoin were a country it would be ranked 70 in terms of energy consumption - ahead of Iceland and Syria, and just behind Ecuador, Nigeria, and Oman.
                      It's also 40x more energy intensive than Visa.
                      https://digiconomist.net/bitcoin-energy-consumption

Be interesting to see what happens when they're all mined out. There are only 21 million bitcoins. After that, the well is dry. Which is coming up sooner rather than later. A year from now 80% of the total will have been mined.

The world of Bitcoin is in for quite a reality shock in about a year from now. As most people are well aware of, the amount of bitcoins being mined every day is much compared to a few years ago. What
                      WH

Comment

I don't know anything about mining but Bitcoin hit 6k today. Only been investing for less than a year now. Wish I would have done it back in 2010 when I was first learned about it. But anyone familiar with cryptocurrency has the same story., like when HTC was $10 this time last year. Anyhow i ride it out and see where it goes...
                        You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

Hrmm... https://gizmodo.com/guy-who-ran-real...the-1819756698

Comment

Yeah many of them are scams. But many are not. That is why lots of research into any ico or coin is key. You've also got to stay on top of it because even the ones that aren't scams, will sometimes just... go away. They fade out of existence. I assume its like the company goes out of business. In the event that it wasn't a scam to begin with. Only those select few hundred stand the test of time. The thousands of others just go away. Taking lots of other people's money with them.

That said, every single one of them including bitcoin, has been called a scam by lots of people at one point or another.
                            WH

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                              All I know is I sold a GTX970 for about $50 less than what I paid for it new. Winning so much!
                              Where did you have it up for sale? I've got a 980 I'd like to get rid of.

Comment

Local.

Comment

Working...
                                X