what was I thinking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
    A panhard bar will stop the rear axle from moving side to side and stop that rubbing. It’ll also make the rear end work more like it should and the handling more predictable.
    Man, that's like almost half what the car cost. lol

Comment

• today was awsome!

Comment

• Pic is awesome.
        sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
        17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
        13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
        86 SVO - Sold
        '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
        01 TJ - new toy - Sold
        65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

• Thanks.

Anyone got some rear suspension parts for an SN laying around? Lol

Comment

• playing catch up still, here's a new video. I'm pretty happy with this one

Comment

• Playing with the idea of posting some short videos as filler in between my big videos. What do y'all think?

Comment

• What are your goals?

If youre trying to be a vlogger, regular uploads may be good. Thats especially true if you want your personality to sell the video.

If you want wide reach viral type content that can bring in big bucks for each video...quality is king.

Donut media and rich rebuilds are good examples of regular content type of channels. They will make less on a per video basis but can pump out way more videos.

Mark Rober is a good example of beating the algorithm and getting massive reach. He probably makes well over $100K per video because he tries to go viral every time with only 1 upload a month.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                  What are your goals?

If youre trying to be a vlogger, regular uploads may be good. Thats especially true if you want your personality to sell the video.

If you want wide reach viral type content that can bring in big bucks for each video...quality is king.

Donut media and rich rebuilds are good examples of regular content type of channels. They will make less on a per video basis but can pump out way more videos.

Mark Rober is a good example of beating the algorithm and getting massive reach. He probably makes well over $100K per video because he tries to go viral every time with only 1 upload a month.
                  I mainly want to inspire people to go have fun and get involved in what they enjoy. I want to show people that RC and racing is more affordable than they think. And don't be scared to try it even if you suck. I'd like for the hobby to pay for itself too. but other than that, I like making videos.

Comment

• I guess your metrics will tell you how well received those shorter clips are doing.

Youtube is hard, and to inspire people requires views. Getting views is a ton of work, but hopefully you can build a following. Unless you're a high search term category...the algorithm will bury your videos way deep down.

I know that doesn't help you, but the biggest metrics to look at are CTR, retention and watch time. Those will define how well your videos do.

All of your rally videos look visually the same and don't have descriptors that will differentiate them so it'll be hard to get high CTR when youtube promotes your other videos after a viewer watches 1. The video quality doesn't matter at all if your CTR is bad until you have a huge following.

It may also help for you to email your videos to blogs, websites....etc that share this type of content.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                      I guess your metrics will tell you how well received those shorter clips are doing.

Youtube is hard, and to inspire people requires views. Getting views is a ton of work, but hopefully you can build a following. Unless you're a high search term category...the algorithm will bury your videos way deep down.

I know that doesn't help you, but the biggest metrics to look at are CTR, retention and watch time. Those will define how well your videos do.

All of your rally videos look visually the same and don't have descriptors that will differentiate them so it'll be hard to get high CTR when youtube promotes your other videos after a viewer watches 1. The video quality doesn't matter at all if your CTR is bad until you have a huge following.

It may also help for you to email your videos to blogs, websites....etc that share this type of content.
                      That's good advice, thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                        That's good advice, thanks.
                        For sure...I hope you get youtube rich so you can build all sorts of badass rally shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by ruffdaddy View Post
                          for sure...i hope you get youtube rich so you can build all sorts of badass rally shit.
                          me too.

Comment

• These videos have inspired me to go look for a cheap
                            Subie. I’m looking at a few this weekend.

Comment

• Sponsor it with the new company...BAM...business expense

Comment

• Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                                These videos have inspired me to go look for a cheap
                                Subie. I’m looking at a few this weekend.
                                Good luck! can't wait to have you out there running with us.

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                                Sponsor it with the new company...BAM...business expense
                                I need to do this.

Comment

Working...
                                X