No announcement yet.

black2002ls Model Car Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The GT is almost done. I though about black wheels, but, there just isn't time to do it right, and the chrome looks pretty good.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

• Beautiful work sir

Comment

• Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
        Beautiful work sir
        Thank you!

Pro stock is well on its way. Engine is permanently installed. I got the radiator in this morning, though no pictures. 4 days to complete as much as possible. I'm going to turn my focus to the body and components tonight. Once the body is complete, I can put it on at any point and enter it as is.

Comment

• Coming down to the wire to make it to Houston. My focus tonight will be finishing up main components needed to make it "acceptable" for the show table.

Parachutes - Mounts
          Body - Glass, mounting it, door panels and getting them hinged/mounted
          Wheelie Bars - build new bars with rod ends and wheels
          Shifter and linkage

Those are the main items remaining. Once I get those finished up, I will start adding details, bit by bit. There are a LOT of bolt heads to add, wires to make it busy and look like it could actually go down the strip, etc.

The 2 largest tasks are the doors and wheelie bars.

Comment

• Starting to look like something! I got the shifter built and installed last night. There is no linkage, which is a bit of a travesty, however, everything I tried to get it built and put in, just wouldn't work. So, I resolved to leave it off and move on.

Main body is mounted, chutes are installed, moving along.

Items remaining:

Wheelie bars
            Door inserts and hinges
            Mount the rear wing and supports

Once that is all done, I can get back to adding fine details. Wires, nut/bolt detail, etc.

Comment

• You are ridiculous sir, I love it!!!

Comment

• Thank you.

If any of you are on instagram, check me out at 1starmodelworks

Last update before it is complete and packed up for the 5 hour ride to Houston Saturday. Wing is on, hood scoop is on, doors. Well, the doors are hung and hinged! My first semi successful attempt. The drivers door is near perfect and the passenger ghosts open a bit. I plan to add some straps to them. I MAY get some door panels made up tomorrow. Time is very limited now. The inner doors may just get a quick coat of black and call it good for this round. Wheelie bars are in and mounted. Tomorrows focus will be visible detail.

Comment

• Done!

Comment

• Boxed up, ready to roll in the morning. I will be celebrating my 36th birthday in Spring, Texas at the Houston Automotive Modelers Society (HAMS) annual contest, being white and nerdy. Which, is one of the things I do best. I have spent the last month, after convincing the wife it was what we were doing for my birthday, pouring over the pro stock car. Details, details, details. I ran short on time, and give a $@#&. I don't have all of the detail on it I wanted, some areas aren't as clean as I would like. It is MUCH cleaner, from an execution standpoint, than my Denny Hamlin car, and apparently cost a good deal more, still not sure how that happened. Anyway. I have 9 builds packed up, 7 will definitely hit the tables, I may toss a couple of others in if it looks like they may default into an award. I mean, who wants to spend hundreds on TINY parts, spend 10 hours in the truck on their birthday, and come home empty handed?!

Comment

• Happy Birthday and Good Luck!!!

Comment

• happy birthday man, I'm a hair older than you, 37 in October. Damn this board is getting old. lol

good luck and drive safe.

Comment

• Happy b-day bro!

Comment

• Thanks everyone! Waiting on results now. Lots of great builds here. Someone showed up last minute with a Top Fuel car that will probably give my pro stock a run for its money. The only build I'm confident will place, if not ein its class is the Ford GT

Comment

• Mic drop.

4 firsts
                              1 second
                              1 third
                              Best theme (orange)
                              Best Bronco build
                              Best interior
                              Best in Show

After the show, they let me in on the link between the orange theme and Bronco theme. OJ Simpson, which had me rolling!

I couldn't have asked for anything more for my birthday. Several awards came as a total surprise, there was a lot of great stuff on the tables. Many I would gladly hand over my 1st place awards to.

Comment

• Congratulations Dude!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X