2 bucks in 2 days!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 bucks in 2 days!

First one is my wife's from yesterday morning. I told her if she isn't going to use her tags I wasn't going to be buying hers next year. Well she came in the bedroom yesterday morning and said she had shot a buck. I said fuck off I'm going back to bed. She said that she went up to it and it jumped up! That got me to thinking maybe she did shoot one. I told her to go make some coffee and chill out and after she was done we would go look. I've never seen someone stare down a coffee pot and beat a pot to make it hurry up before lol. She was still amped up (her first deer ever). We go out there and sure enough 40 yards from where she shot it laid her 8 point deer.

Next is my deer. I went out this morning at 5am my kids get up for school at 5:30 my target buck a 10 point with a drop tine shows up at 6 and the kids spook it off yelling and getting ready to wear their costumes to school. So then they leave for school about 6:15. My feeder light goes off at 6:20 then my feeder goes off at 6:30 and I think well the deer are gone! Nope my feeder light goes off again at 6:45 then the deer makes it way back up to the white oak in my back yard at 7:15 then sticks around too long at 7:30 I send a broadhead it's way. I smack it and it walks off I'm looking and listening for a crash but nothing. So I go inside for about 15 minutes then go to retrieve my arrow and there is the deer laid out about 30 yards away from me and his eyes blink so I head up to the porch to give it more time. 30 minutes go by and it gets up and stumbles around and makes its way over to the nieghbors fence, then another fence and makes it across the road. So now I'm thinking shit I should have sent another arrow when it was down. I call my buddy that has a tracking dog to come out and we start tracking. The dang thing made it a half a mile up and down the cliffs of the river before it died. If it wouldn't have been for that dog we would have never found it. There was very little blood. The dog (Zues)went to it like a fat kid at a buffet. My buck has 7 on 1 side and a brow tine and a long curved out blade on the other side. So it's a 9 point. You may ask why not wait on the 10 with the drop to come back in the next morning well my daughter still has a shot at one and I needed to take this guy out of the gene pool before he passed on more of his terrible genes. This deer is about 4.5 and he just now became a shooter as I'm in an after restricted county where the inside spread has to be 13" or greater. I'll post pics in the comment section. If you took all this time to read my stories I thank you.

I don't know what the FUCK you just said, Little Kid, but you're special man, you reached out, and you touch a brother's heart.

Comment

Lol sorry my service is slow as shit right now in this storm and won't let me upload pics. I'll try again tomorrow

Comment

Must be nice to shoot in your backyard.
        I drove 7 hrs one way last weekend to sit 20 yds away from this guy (ranged him at 18 once) and his three friends for 30-40 minutes and not stick an arrow through his boiler room.
        Was on a friend's lease and promised not to take any bucks first weekend out - wanted to see what was out there (cameras hadn't been running for a while). Sat there with an arrow nocked... just watching. The field off to my right had 30 deer in it at one point, but no does in bow range. So I sat, and kept my word. I want to buy into this property (3000 acres with deer, pigs, turkey, sandhill crane, dove, etc, etc) so I can't piss off anyone right now.

Have a far west TX mule deer hunt in a couple weeks, but also plan to get back to the first lease and fill the freezer.

I had lunch last week with an old friend from Cummins, and he has a couple 6 pointers and some does that are tearing up his yard/garden in The Woodlands. We're thinking about backyard bowhunting (100% legal in season), just need to get access permission from neighbors if one jumps a fence
        Last edited by Strychnine; 10-31-2018, 07:01 PM.

Comment

That's awesome bud! Yeah we moved out here from inside the city limits of azle and we love it out here. Plus the free ranging exotics. Had an axis buck in the back yard 20 yards from my back porch and a huge red stag about 100 yards from my house. I've never got buck fever from a pic before but seeing that huge red stag made me drop my phone and start shaking.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
            I don't know what the FUCK you just said, Little Kid, but you're special man, you reached out, and you touch a brother's heart.

Comment

I missed a nice 6er last weekend at about 45 yards, will be back in this weekend with the muzzle loader to right my wrong

Comment

Comment

Comment

No daughter commentary no care.

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
                      No daughter commentary no care.
                      Lmao she has been in school but she is up next to get her first deer so I will definitely be recording that ! I can't wait to hear what she has to say lol

Comment

When you said 2 bucks, I thought this was going to be about money...

Nice kill(s)!

Comment

Well that sucks! My daughter shot a buck this evening about 7 and felt like a good shot and called in a dog and there was massive amounts of blood and chunks of lung. We didn't find it anywhere so tomorrow morning we will be heading out there to find her buck. She is very upset about it. I can't believe how far it went after it lost that much blood and lung. She shot it and it ran off about 20 yards and it did 10 circles pivoting on it's left rear leg and I was like ok it's about to do a back flip or something as one last burst of energy. And it just laid down then it got dark. So we slowly and very quitely went back inside and called a buddy with his dog and waited probably about and hour and a half. Then started tracking the dude went 200 yards pouring blood and then just stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
                            Well that sucks! My daughter shot a buck this evening about 7 and felt like a good shot and called in a dog and there was massive amounts of blood and chunks of lung. We didn't find it anywhere so tomorrow morning we will be heading out there to find her buck. She is very upset about it. I can't believe how far it went after it lost that much blood and lung. She shot it and it ran off about 20 yards and it did 10 circles pivoting on it's left rear leg and I was like ok it's about to do a back flip or something as one last burst of energy. And it just laid down then it got dark. So we slowly and very quitely went back inside and called a buddy with his dog and waited probably about and hour and a half. Then started tracking the dude went 200 yards pouring blood and then just stopped.
                            Ran out of blood.. start doing circles from there hes closeby

Comment

We looked everywhere today on 3 neighboring properties. We even found chunks of lung. My daughter is very upset and it sucks being her first deer and not being able to find it. I searched all night last night and from 7am to 5pm non stop today. I don't see how he would still be alive with the amount of blood he threw and pieces of lung but we found all that in the first 200 yards then just stopped.

Comment

Working...
                              X