Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3rd round of stimulus: $1,400 per person and oh... $15 Fed minimum wage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
    This will basically eliminate jobs for high school kids at chic fila and working For some guys lawn service after school etc.
    Yep. People don't see the business side of things. Sinking your own cash in, forming the .llc, dealing with inspectors and code enforcement, complying with every regulation, filling llc taxes, making damned sure that payroll is met, even if it means you don't eat that week.

Then you're finally making something that resembles a profit, and you get hit with higher than normal tax bills. Small business is a nightmare to start and keep going. I don't pay minimum wage to any of my people, but I can't afford to pay $15 an hour either. If it comes to that, my prices are going to be raised 25-30% to cover it, which I have no idea if my customers are going to accept that.

Comment

what are you all gonna do with your stimulus money?

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
        what are you all gonna do with your stimulus money?
        Bullets and bottled water.
        G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
          Bullets and bottled water.
          Where are you going to store both boxes of 9MM?

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
            Where are you going to store both boxes of 9MM?
            *One box of .45 and three.5 5.56 rounds

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
            G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
              These kids lose their fucking minds when they can't play Fortnight, I mean absolutely go into bezerker mode sometimes. Losing corporal punishment was the worst thing we ever did, well, that and give small children electronic devices with internet access to keep them amused. The amount of kids that wanted to commit suicide in my day was slim and none. Behavioral issue, you got your ass beat. Bunch of god damn pussies we are trying to medicate into being liberals.

Yes we definitely need to bring back ass beatings. I'm even in favor of them for adults, to be administered by... someone at the police station. Let's say "not the police" cause they have enough problems already. Someone that never leaves the station, and their job is to beat the asses of people that would be likely to benefit.

Dumbass rednecks who do 70 mph through neighborhoods, women who are owed the world, teens strongly in need of a good life lesson, white trash retards.. the list of beneficiaries goes on. When they finally fuck up enough to get hauled to jail, well it's time for a good old fashioned, wholesome ass beating. You don't have to injure them to make em sore for a few days. They'll live, and they'll be better off.
              WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                Yes we definitely need to bring back ass beatings. I'm even in favor of them for adults, to be administered by... someone at the police station. Let's say "not the police" cause they have enough problems already. Someone that never leaves the station, and their job is to beat the asses of people that would be likely to benefit.

Dumbass rednecks who do 70 mph through neighborhoods, women who are owed the world, teens strongly in need of a good life lesson, white trash retards.. the list of beneficiaries goes on. When they finally fuck up enough to get hauled to jail, well it's time for a good old fashioned, wholesome ass beating. You don't have to injure them to make em sore for a few days. They'll live, and they'll be better off.
                You're nuttier than a squirrel turd, but I'd sign up for this position in a heart beat.
                G'Day Mate

Comment

Next up the State of Texas will be offering free money to people whining about their high electric bills after they knowingly signed up for variable-rate plans 'cause they were cheap at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                    The amount of kids that wanted to commit suicide in my day was slim and none. Behavioral issue, you got your ass beat. Bunch of god damn pussies we are trying to medicate into being liberals.
                    All of this right here, not saying all kids are like this but, it seems like this is the norm. My brother gives the kids their Fortshit, but they do plenty of outdoor activities, horseback riding, boating and fishing at the lake and they all have chores and no back talking or high sighing.
                    My kids got their ass' whipped if the they pushed it to far and groundings. They all finished HS, one graduated college, the other three got some college and now have careers. They all get up and go to work and are taking care of themselves. No jail, no dwi's, no drug heads (so far, lol) and no grandkids yet.
                    They had their fair share of PS1/2/3/4/5, but its done in moderation and they have all thanked me for their discipline that we instilled in them.
                    You don't have to constantly beat your kids, but the first few years of there lives with structure will last their entire lifetime.
                    Originally posted by Silverback
                    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                      Next up the State of Texas will be offering free money to people whining about their high electric bills after they knowingly signed up for variable-rate plans 'cause they were cheap at the time.
                      This one cracks me up. They signed up for the plan. Griddy didn't raise the cost of the power they purchase -- ERCOT did. Somehow Griddy is now being sued for following the terms they laid out to everyone. So dumb.

Comment

Didn't the people with adjustable rate mortgages loose their ass and/or house when the economy tanked in 08-09? If so same shit different year.

Comment

my bill through the coop is normal .

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                            This one cracks me up. They signed up for the plan. Griddy didn't raise the cost of the power they purchase -- ERCOT did. Somehow Griddy is now being sued for following the terms they laid out to everyone. So dumb.
                            I've been using a minimum of one year fixed-price contracts with electric providers ever since leaving TXU back in 2003. Finally got those to renew outside of hurricane season, and when the next big one hits the gulf contract rates will most certainly rise for some time afterward. My current contract expires in April, expecting considerably higher rates come renewal time this year due to these recent winter supply issues and all of the negative press being heaped on electric service providers.
                            Last edited by The King; 02-26-2021, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Where this all ends is in a financial crisis. Every time they raise the amount of the national debt, it lowers the maximum interest rate that the federal budget can tolerate. Right now the debt is about $27T and it has been doubling every eight years. In sixteen years it will be over a hundred trillion.

The problem here is that the Treasury markets and not the Fed or the government determine interest rates. Today you saw the 10 year jump up fairly significantly and it scared some people. That happened because no one was buying the debt. Just wait until there is a single whiff of default and watch what rates will do. Go look at rates in 1983 for an example, people were paying 18% interest on cars. Those rates were caused by the Fed in reaction to inflation. The next time they go up I have a feeling it will be because of a lack of buyers, IE something they can't control.

Make no mistake, rates that are only slightly high in a historical context, say 6%, will destroy the economy overnight. It will be a fucking disaster, housing will stop cold, car sales will shit the bed (and the car companies will fail) and capital for silicon valley will disappear.
                              Originally posted by racrguy
                              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                              Originally posted by racrguy
                              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                                Where this all ends is in a financial crisis. Every time they raise the amount of the national debt, it lowers the maximum interest rate that the federal budget can tolerate. Right now the debt is about $27T and it has been doubling every eight years. In sixteen years it will be over a hundred trillion.

The problem here is that the Treasury markets and not the Fed or the government determine interest rates. Today you saw the 10 year jump up fairly significantly and it scared some people. That happened because no one was buying the debt. Just wait until there is a single whiff of default and watch what rates will do. Go look at rates in 1983 for an example, people were paying 18% interest on cars. Those rates were caused by the Fed in reaction to inflation. The next time they go up I have a feeling it will be because of a lack of buyers, IE something they can't control.

Make no mistake, rates that are only slightly high in a historical context, say 6%, will destroy the economy overnight. It will be a fucking disaster, housing will stop cold, car sales will shit the bed (and the car companies will fail) and capital for silicon valley will disappear.
                                Honestly, I was expecting that to happen in 2020, which was one of the reasons we didn't buy a house when we sold the old one. I was gun-shy and worried that I'd buy at these high prices and everything would tank as we fall into another recession.. I think covid and stimulus money have just been delaying the inevitable.

But I could also be drastically wrong! haha

Comment

Working...
                                X