Gas Monkey’s $300k Battleship Buick Riviera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas Monkey’s $300k Battleship Buick Riviera

This fucking guy! Spouting off bull shit numbers, and bull shit lines. Say's he's going to do never done before, then proceeds to split the front bumper, chop the top, LS swaps it, and then puts an aftermarket frame built by someone else under it. Took a clean survivor and hacked the shit out of it. lol at him saying it's a $20k car, and that he's putting $300k into it. Rawlings' money is like the points on who's line is it anyway.
    oh well maybe this will make the value of my car go up in the end. Boat tails seem to be popping up everywhere lately.

"Richard Rawlings has been quite excited about Fast N’ Loud Season 15. He has especially been excited about this Buick Riviera build. On the Joe Rogan podcast, Rawlings gushed that people will be “amazed” by the builds this season. But the biggest build of the season is not just one episode. The Buick Riviera $300,000 evolution will be a season-long build.

Rawlings says it is the first one of its kind, but he has a challenger. J.F. Launier of JF Kustoms built one in 2014 and won the Ridler award for it. J.F. is challenging Rawlings to a race in the Rivieras, and wants to get the message out there to Rawlings to have an actual race."

Original or not the dude is making more money than me

Comment

Originally posted by smrr1 View Post
      Original or not the dude is making more money than me
      true, but in my opinion he's actually hurting the car culture.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
        That and he is a complete tool. Can't stand the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
          That and he is a complete tool. Can't stand the guy.
          I ran into them at Frosty drive in in Denton while they where shooting an episode. I met Aaron and he was pretty dang cool. he asked if I wanted to meet Richard, I looked over and saw him standing there running his hands through his hair over and over again, and just said "nah, I'm good." shook Aaron's hand and went on my way.

The Rivi community is up in arms about Rawlings getting his hands on that car. As for me personally, I'm frustrated that it looks like at least two of the things I was thinking about doing to my car are going to be similar to what they are planning on that one. I was thinking of going lead foot gray, and had planned on doing a custom bumper with a air dam like splitter. I was thinking of going with a pro touring look, because I love that stile. now if I do I'm going to hear, "oh you copied gas monkey".

Comment

lol

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
              He's bringing attention to it which is a good thing in my opinion. His show/shop has directly impacted dozens of other businesses in DFW in positive ways. Yeah he has a larger than life personality and can be a drunk asshole but he's done plenty of great stuff he'll never get credit for either.

I mean if nothing else people in DFW with money burning holes in their pockets know there are plenty of options locally to build cars and most of them won't just take your money and store the car for 20 years.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                He's bringing attention to it which is a good thing in my opinion. His show/shop has directly impacted dozens of other businesses in DFW in positive ways. Yeah he has a larger than life personality and can be a drunk asshole but he's done plenty of great stuff he'll never get credit for either.

I mean if nothing else people in DFW with money burning holes in their pockets know there are plenty of options locally to build cars and most of them won't just take your money and store the car for 20 years.
                He's also led people to think their $1000 clapped out shells are worth $10,000 making it nearly the starting price for a project that much higher. Also if one more mother fucker says he will give me half my asking price I'm going to choke someone. (that being said I haven't tried to sell something in a while so that may have passed.

Comment

No offense 4bangen, but the third gen Riv is fucking ugly..

My dad had a '67.. Which was by far the best year, IMO!

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                    No offense 4bangen, but the third gen Riv is fucking ugly..

My dad had a '67.. Which was by far the best year, IMO!
                    I ain't mad. I am of the opposite mind. I'm not a fan of the late 60's riv. my all time favorite is the 64 though. I'm attached to this buick emotionally. So I'm probably bias. That an I love me some ugly cars.

Comment

Putting 300 grand into a 72 Buick is pretty silly. And so is putting aero and big wheels on a 4500lb cruiser. But hey, it could work. I'll keep an open mind.
                      When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

I understand hating the dude and him hurting the culture but there are plenty of other assholes out there doing the same kinda shit. He just does it on tv. As far as spending 300 that is retarded but so is everything else at sema.

Comment

Originally posted by smrr1 View Post
                          there are plenty of other assholes out there doing the same kinda shit. He just does it on tv. As far as spending 300 that is retarded but so is everything else at sema.
                          The TV thing is what does the harm, joe blow thinks that's how real car deals get done.

Comment

No one guy is hurting any culture, don't give him more credit than due. Tastes are varied, those that will like it will like it, those that done will scoff, and there will continue to be cars to scratch everyone's itch.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Ass money garage, so much money you can get all the ass you want. It still doesn’t make it classy though.

Comment

Working...
                              X