Border wall estimate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
    The world has always know SVO in one form or another. The acronym may change but the spirit is timeless.
    This is EPIC!!
    G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
      You also live in a country where whatever the hell language people want to speak, they will speak and there is nothing that can be done about it. Initially (years ago) I was pissed off about it, but I do not want a law dictating it. Freedom.
      Every freedom has limitations and accountability. If not there would be chaos, much like what's going on right now. Aside from all the self-loathing bullshit English is the primary language in the United States and those wanting to become citizens of this country should take the effort to learn it in order to better communicate with others and do away with language barriers so culture from all sides can be better understood.

Comment

Slavery was ubiquitous throughout the Americas even among the peaceful tribes.
        That's really no excuse for treating the ones I'm referring to, in the manner that they were treated. Seeing as how our culture was also just fine with holding slaves at the time. If wisdom had been applied, there is still the possibility that something could have been worked out that would have made history not look quite so barbarous.

There is also the point to be made, that even if they did hold slaves, they were here first, and as such I have to question what right anyone else would have to come along and just start telling them what to do and where to go and where to stick it. We certainly wouldn't be having none of that if some superior force came along and tried doing it to us. Not then, and not now. If we wouldn't have it done to us, there really isn't any justification for going around doing it to other people.
        WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
          That's really no excuse for treating the ones I'm referring to, in the manner that they were treated. Seeing as how our culture was also just fine with holding slaves at the time. If wisdom had been applied, there is still the possibility that something could have been worked out that would have made history not look quite so barbarous.

There is also the point to be made, that even if they did hold slaves, they were here first, and as such I have to question what right anyone else would have to come along and just start telling them what to do and where to go and where to stick it. We certainly wouldn't be having none of that if some superior force came along and tried doing it to us. Not then, and not now. If we wouldn't have it done to us, there really isn't any justification for going around doing it to other people.
          A lioness isn't concerned about the feelings of the gazelle that she is ripping apart and a shark could give a damn about hurting the things it eats.

Slavery was a divisive issue even before the founding of our nation. Slavery had to be tolerated at the beginning of our nation otherwise we would have never become a nation. Slavery existed for only 75 years in our nation after the Constitution was ratified but it had existed for thousands of years amongst the savages discovered in the new world by the white man.

Who gives a fuck if they were here first; its not like they were the first ones here themselves. There was a war of cultures and the superior culture won. That wining culture is Western culture and it is who we are.
          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

A lioness isn't concerned about the feelings of the gazelle that she is ripping apart and a shark could give a damn about hurting the things it eats.

Slavery was a divisive issue even before the founding of our nation. Slavery had to be tolerated at the beginning of our nation otherwise we would have never become a nation. Slavery existed for only 75 years in our nation after the Constitution was ratified but it had existed for thousands of years amongst the savages discovered in the new world by the white man.

Who gives a fuck if they were here first; its not like they were the first ones here themselves. There was a war of cultures and the superior culture won. That wining culture is Western culture and it is who we are.
            Nobody gives a fuck what an animal does, we're talking about human beings with the capacity to reason.

But yeah as long as you admit that you're completely fine with it, if it happens to you. I know you don't think it ever can, but I'm sure that is the attitude shared by a great many conquered cultures across time. If you're ok with someone else coming in and killing 3/4 of your friends and family, taking everything you own, and forcing you to move somewhere you deem a lot shittier, then you're simply not a sane man. I'm just capable of analyzing it from both sides. Although again, I really don't care what happened to what seems to be the greater portion of them that didn't really seem to value human life. Its just the other types where it did seem like the situation could've been handled differently and it wouldn't have been to our detriment.
            Last edited by Gasser64; 01-09-2018, 12:56 PM.
            WH

Comment

...If you're ok with someone else coming in and killing 3/4 of your friends and family, taking everything you own, and forcing you to move somewhere you deem a lot shittier, then you're simply not a sane man...
              That's not the way I interpret what he was saying.. Have you ever heard the phrase: "To the victor belongs the spoils"? Historically speaking, when the conquering party (superior culture, in his words) takes over, they make the rules. If you're on the losing side, tough shit, you get what you get. Assimilate and move on, or die.

It's all about empathy, IMO.

As society, technology and infrastructure have progressed, more and more people are able to encounter and interact with others that were formerly strangers due to geography. We have become much more 'aware' of the world and cultures surrounding us. A result we are better able to feel empathy for other peoples and cultures, as we are exposed to their lives, thoughts and beliefs. At the same time, due to the changes in how humans live, we actually have the luxury of being empathetic. We can see a little bit of us, in them.

Today 'we' (in western cultures) concern ourselves with the 'rights' of all living things, humans and animals alike. Hell, we even assign the same sort of importance to inanimate objects sometimes. But if you go back to earlier civilization, where they were still figuring out how to consistently meet their most basic needs, they didn't have the luxury of empathy. At least not outside of their core family unit / tribe / whatever. Everyone and everything outside of that was an enemy and a possible resource, and were treated as such. Over time, as society progresses and those basic needs are consistently met, we actually start moving up 'ole Maslow's Hierarchy and get to a point where our psychological needs become important. As we become 'enlightened' some of those 'necessary' deeds from earlier life become distasteful.

So initially: Kill or be killed, trust no one, no mercy and no guilt. Over time we get soft, we no longer need to be so aggressive and cold hearted. Eventually we turn into snowflakes.

Comment

Nobody gives a fuck what an animal does, we're talking about human beings with the capacity to reason.

But yeah as long as you admit that you're completely fine with it, if it happens to you. I know you don't think it ever can, but I'm sure that is the attitude shared by a great many conquered cultures across time. If you're ok with someone else coming in and killing 3/4 of your friends and family, taking everything you own, and forcing you to move somewhere you deem a lot shittier, then you're simply not a sane man. I'm just capable of analyzing it from both sides. Although again, I really don't care what happened to what seems to be the greater portion of them that didn't really seem to value human life. Its just the other types where it did seem like the situation could've been handled differently and it wouldn't have been to our detriment.
                1st: Humans are animals.

2nd: Competition doesn't bother me; I am willing to take on all comers. What does bother me is having to deal with a bunch of weak bitches who wring their hands and say "Can't we all just get along?" or "Do you have to be so mean to the people who want to kill you and destroy the nation you live in?".
                Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Working...
                X