Interior plastic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior plastic

Alright guys, need your input on what you all are using to refinish your interior. I just got another fox (been without a stang for 9yrs) and it's a project. The interior is mismatched and wanted to know what you're using for the plastic. On my last one I primed the red plastic and used a black plastic dye from a rattle can. Look OK but wanted to know if there is something better. I think paint is to glossy (unless I'm missing something). Let me know and if you have pictures please post, thanks in advance.

I used the can paint from 50resto and I thought it came out pretty good, didnt look too shiny

Originally posted by DOHCTR
    You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

Duplicolor vinyl and fabric paint. Ue a good degreaser first and then adhesion promoter. It won't flake off.

Comment

I used Colorbond from LMC Truck on my Bronco (arm rest pads) and it matched the existing stuff well, and was easy to use. Just prep it right.

Shop from thousands of parts and accessories to help you restore, maintain, and customize your Chevrolet, GMC, Dodge or Ford truck or SUV. Keep 'em on the road with the right part, right price, right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Memo View Post
          Duplicolor vinyl and fabric paint. Ue a good degreaser first and then adhesion promoter. It won't flake off.
          I used this also.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
            I used this also.
            this

Comment

SEM. Can't beat SEM
              WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                SEM. Can't beat SEM
                this

Comment

Yeah it gets a bit expensive imho, but worth it for top notch results.

Depending on how much you're doing, you'll need a few cans of the "paint" at $20 each. Then you'll need some wax and grease remover, and the adhesion promoter. I wouldn't try to use it without both of those. But as long as the panel was in good shape (except for the finish) it will come out looking pretty much brand new.
                  WH

Comment

Yeah it gets a bit expensive imho, but worth it for top notch results.

Depending on how much you're doing, you'll need a few cans of the "paint" at $20 each. Then you'll need some wax and grease remover, and the adhesion promoter. I wouldn't try to use it without both of those. But as long as the panel was in good shape (except for the finish) it will come out looking pretty much brand new.
                    think i got it for $10 on amazon, shipped

Comment

I'll check that out next time. I bought it at my local shop, English Color.
                      WH

Comment

I'll check that out next time. I bought it at my local shop, English Color.
                        this was however a few years ago

Comment

I paid 10 a can Sunday, turned out great

Comment

Working...
                          X