TRT. Who's on it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
    Where's everyone going for their TRT? Looks like it's time to find a trt doc. My current PCP lectured me when I had a blood test done and he saw my T level was above 900. I'm hoping to find a Dr that'll eventually let me administer my own injection. I feel like total shit and need to get rid of the bitch tits.
    I'm shocked a PCP even looked at you Testosterone levels.

I use T Off in Keller. I brought 2 years of labs to them and they let me self administer my shots. And my geographical disposition helps. Try T Off. Best thing I ever did was start seeing them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
      I recently switched from the low t clinic to a concierge doctor. If you can find one in your area that is also knowledgeable on TRT, it might be worth it to you.
      Concierge doctor? what's that?

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
      I'm shocked a PCP even looked at you Testosterone levels.

I use T Off in Keller. I brought 2 years of labs to them and they let me self administer my shots. And my geographical disposition helps. Try T Off. Best thing I ever did was start seeing them.

Well, I went in specifically for lab work since I was getting test by unconventional means. I needed to see what my numbers were to see if I need to adjust anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
        Concierge doctor? what's that?

Bassically, I pay an upfront fee for a year. I have his cell phone number as well as his nurse's. He had a full spectrum blood test ordered, did a physical, and will treat me for anything that a PCP generally would. I text him/her with any questions I have, or need them to answer. If he wants to see me in the office, they schedule me in that day (or the next if it's after hours) or if it's just a need for a prescription, they call it in. I dont have to pay a copay, or any other fee to him after the initial payment.

I was mainly tired of driving half an hour to and from the t clinic, and they had raised their rates to the point that his fee was a wash. I also am seeing a GI for a pain that has yet to be explained by scopes, camera pill, CT or MRI. The GI wants to see me to change prescriptions, and at $40 each copay, it was getting a bit costly to try several different medications one at a time. He's a text or call away for the next try.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
          Bassically, I pay an upfront fee for a year. I have his cell phone number as well as his nurse's. He had a full spectrum blood test ordered, did a physical, and will treat me for anything that a PCP generally would. I text him/her with any questions I have, or need them to answer. If he wants to see me in the office, they schedule me in that day (or the next if it's after hours) or if it's just a need for a prescription, they call it in. I dont have to pay a copay, or any other fee to him after the initial payment.
          My buddy does this and has been trying to talk me into it. I really like the idea, and I think he will even come to you. I have a great doctor in Ovilla but I will absolutely not go to the doctor this time of year. There needs to be a waiting room for people with the damn flu and a separate waiting room for people with back, leg, foot, or whatever pain. I went one year for my back and this chick was in their coughing up a lung. Well I will be damned if I wasn't sick the next week.
          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• Just got a wake up call. Had labs done yesterday. 5 days after 200mg and my T was over 1,500. Time to try a lower dose.

Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
              Just got a wake up call. Had labs done yesterday. 5 days after 200mg and my T was over 1,500. Time to try a lower dose.

wow

last time I blood tested I was at 800 monday after a 250 shot on tuesday. I've been doing 100mg twice a week, but bumped it slightly and ready to do labs again.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Admittedly, I've always been kinda skeptical of this whole testosterone levels thing, but I've not felt "right" in years. In 2018, I went to the Dr and got my levels checked, the results showed to be "within standard range" for Total testosterone of 250 - 1,100 ng/dL with mine being Testosterone, total 559 ng/dL. The free "range" is shown as 35.0 - 155.0 pg/mL with mine being 82.2 pg/mL.

I've been doin reading and lurking on this thread. What I've learned is those levels are that of a 64-74yr old man according to https://www.menshormonalhealth.com/n...ne-levels.html

I think I'm gonna get a second opinion, especially since I've really been fighting bein an asshole to everyone, not wanting anything to do w/most of the things I would normally wanna do, etc. Also having turned 40 last year, I imagine those level are even lower now. It could lend at least partial explanation to why I've felt "off".

Comment

• You may have trouble finding a Dr. to put you on TRT at 559, that's not all that low really. I'd be hesitant to do anything until it drops further, you'll be spending money and dealing with shots to not see much if any benefit.

Find a doc that's flexible though, and you can get that number to where you want it. Will make the asshole part worse, especially behind the wheel, but will definitely kick up the motivation.

Before going that route I'd take a serious look at your diet and exercise, I don't think your T level is causing any perceptible trouble.

As for dosing, I stay in the mid-700's on 260 per week, tested on the 7th day before getting a shot. It'll peak higher mid-week, but still under 1,000 I'm sure. That's not dangerously high Keith, but is a bit overkill if the goal is truly overall health. Interesting to see a lower dose have such an effect.

Comment

• Everything I'm reading says it's not terribly low, but it is lower than what's considered optimal. Granted, I do exercise less now than when that test was done, I was working at FedEx Express as a courier and worked the PM sort(unloading trucks and gettin packages/documents in the right place) as well as on a full vegan diet.

Comment

• Well there's your problem, I'd be depressed too, eating vegan.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Lolol! I truly enjoyed it, felt better then in comparison to now. I'm being 100% honest about that, it was the best I've ever felt in my life. Thr other point I was making via dietary comment above was that I ater better then as well.

Comment

• I was kidding for the most part, but this is exactly what I am talking about. You felt better when you were eating better, exercise aside. Even on TRT when I'm off kilter I feel like crap, and want to skip the gym, it's no silver bullet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big A View Post
                            I was kidding for the most part, but this is exactly what I am talking about. You felt better when you were eating better, exercise aside. Even on TRT when I'm off kilter I feel like crap, and want to skip the gym, it's no silver bullet.
                            It's not just the feeling off part, we all have those days, but I do have 9/10(example) of the textbook symptoms. I'm sorry I wasn't more explicit about why I have taken interest in the subject, didn't want to divulge all the details.

Comment

• At the end of the day it's nobody's business but yours and the Dr. If it help then great, if not the discontinue the shots.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

• If i’m just as much of a prick in my 50’s as i was in my 20’s does that mean my numbers are ok?

Comment

Working...
                                X