What makes the bible true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Denny View Post
    Once again, did you even read the post? LMAO! Would number beside them help?

1 The separation of light from darkness (the photon decoupling event)
    2 The creation of the earth itself
    3 The separation of the dry land from the seas
    4 The creation of plants in a particular order – grasses, shrubs and trees
    5 The placing of the heavenly bodies in relationship to the earth
    6 The creation of animal life in a particular order – fish, birds, land animals
    7 The creation of man
    do wut? Have you even read Genesis 1 more specifically 1:6 and 1:16? Just in case you need a refresher, here ya go. http://kingjbible.com/genesis/1.htm

Comment

He created light and separated it from darkness. He called the light day and the darkness night. In verses 14-19, He put them in their order.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
        do wut? Have you even read Genesis 1 more specifically 1:6 and 1:16? Just in case you need a refresher, here ya go. http://kingjbible.com/genesis/1.htm
        Man, you sure spend ALOT of time on here bashing something you have absolutely no belief exists.

Also, from reading your posts, I don't think you have the mental capacity/biblical knowledge to convince others to change their mind, so whats the point?

Comment

Right? He's just unsure, so he keeps on until he comes to an absolute.

Comment

That still doesn't account for the screwup in the order in which the sun and the earth were created.

If you can't prove the bible to be true, just say you can't and that you take it on faith and leave it at that. I have no problem with religious people believing, I take issue when they try to pass it off as fact or try to legislate what it says.

Edit: I already had the reply window open when Chris posted his response. I'm not trying to change peoples mind. I'm merely being argumentative. And Denny, I am sure of my position. One just needs to prove, with evidence, that their view is true and I'll believe it.

Comment

That still doesn't account for the screwup in the order in which the sun and the earth were created.

If you can't prove the bible to be true, just say you can't and that you take it on faith and leave it at that. I have no problem with religious people believing, I take issue when they try to pass it off as fact or try to legislate what it says.
              Either being that dumb or pretending to be that dumb doesn't give you a win in the argument.

The only person trying to "prove" anything is you trying to disprove the Bible. You obviously have a problem with religious people since you are the one bringing up threads, not to seek knowledge, but to agrue people's beliefs.

It says light was created (sun and stars produce light). Then they were put in their order.

Every time I give you an answer to your instigations, you rebutt with something as if you never read my post in the first place. Either the words are too big or you just want to disagree with anything other than what you BELIEVE.

So, now that I've posted answers to your question and you obviously don't have a proper response, I'll just bow out and leave you here so you can argue with the wall.

Comment

And Denny, I am sure of my position. One just needs to prove, with evidence, that their view is true and I'll believe it.
                No you won't.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                  Either being that dumb or pretending to be that dumb doesn't give you a win in the argument.
                  I don't claim to be smart, but an idiot I am not.
                  The only person trying to "prove" anything is you trying to disprove the Bible. You obviously have a problem with religious people since you are the one bringing up threads, not to seek knowledge, but to agrue people's beliefs.
                  I asked for proof that the bible was true, all I got was rehashed arguments that have already been proven wrong
                  It says light was created (sun and stars produce light). Then they were put in their order.
                  Wrong, it specifically says that he created the sun and the moon after he created the earth
                  Every time I give you an answer to your instigations, you rebutt with something as if you never read my post in the first place. Either the words are too big or you just want to disagree with anything other than what you BELIEVE.
                  You have yet to come up with anything I haven't encountered before.
                  So, now that I've posted answers to your question and you obviously don't have a proper response, I'll just bow out and leave you here so you can argue with the wall.
                  Originally posted by Denny
                  No you won't.
                  I may not like everything science has to say, and proven to be true, but I have no choice but to accept it as such. What makes you think I don't hold god in the same light? As soon as it's proven true, no matter how much I agree/disagree the fact remains that it's true.

Comment

Edit: I already had the reply window open when Chris posted his response. I'm not trying to change peoples mind. I'm merely being argumentative. And Denny, I am sure of my position. One just needs to prove, with evidence, that their view is true and I'll believe it.
                    Obviously you DO have a problem with people believing, because you are ALWAYS in here trying to discredit it, basically calling Christians idiots. You don't believe.....so fucking what. No need to come in here and start shit with and bash the folks that do, basically implying we're idiots for having faith. For Christians, the bible is fact. If you can't accept that then just don't come in the THEOLOGY forum. Pretty fucking simple concept that even you should be able to wrap your head around. If you want to have an intelligent conversation, then I'm sure you would have plenty of people here willing to talk to you. Instead you come across like a child just getting aggressive and arguing just for the sake of arguing.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                      Faith. Either you have it or you don't, nothing difficult about it.
                      Rarely quote myself, but really - what the hell is so difficult? There are numerous things from millions, billions - whatever years ago that we're unsure of. There are things that get changed from one year to the next - cause science is not always exact either. Proving a technicality you put your faith in a proven method. That method may fail.

Either way, this stuff really does not matter anyway. Either you're on one side of the fence or the other. You choose/chose to be there, what's the point in flinging rocks back across?
                      Originally posted by MR EDD
                      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
                        Obviously you DO have a problem with people believing, because you are ALWAYS in here trying to discredit it, basically calling Christians idiots. You don't believe.....so fucking what. No need to come in here and start shit with and bash the folks that do, basically implying we're idiots for having faith. For Christians, the bible is fact. If you can't accept that then just don't come in the THEOLOGY forum. Pretty fucking simple concept that even you should be able to wrap your head around. If you want to have an intelligent conversation, then I'm sure you would have plenty of people here willing to talk to you. Instead you come across like a child just getting aggressive and arguing just for the sake of arguing.
                        I'm not trying to change peoples mind. I'm merely being argumentative.
                        In case you missed it earlier. I'm off today and have nothing better to do, so why not start shit in the theology forum?

Now we get into a topic of definition. What is fact for one person should be a fact for all. Believers have faith that the bible is true, when in actuality it is not.
                        I didn't come in here bashing folks, I have yet to insult anyone in this thread. I wanted an explanation, and I haven't gotten one. Don't get pissy with me because of other people's lack of ability to answer a single simple question. Nothing I've said, to me, comes off as aggressive. You on the other hand seem to want to insult people.

Ceyko, I place no faith in science. I hold religion to the same standards I hold science to. You make a claim, you'd better have proof.

Regardless, my prior statement still stands. You're free to believe what you want to, just don't try to pass it off as something it's not, and don't try to tell me what to do while basing your reasoning on religion.

When I get back to TX I invite everyone in the thread to come out and have a drink with me sometime. If alcohol isn't your gig, burger/soda will take the place of it.

Comment

In case you missed it earlier. I'm off today and have nothing better to do, so why not start shit in the theology forum?

Now we get into a topic of definition. What is fact for one person should be a fact for all. Believers have faith that the bible is true, when in actuality it is not.
                          I didn't come in here bashing folks, I have yet to insult anyone in this thread. I wanted an explanation, and I haven't gotten one. Don't get pissy with me because of other people's lack of ability to answer a single simple question. Nothing I've said, to me, comes off as aggressive. You on the other hand seem to want to insult people.

Ceyko, I place no faith in science. I hold religion to the same standards I hold science to. You make a claim, you'd better have proof.

Regardless, my prior statement still stands. You're free to believe what you want to, just don't try to pass it off as something it's not, and don't try to tell me what to do while basing your reasoning on religion.

When I get back to TX I invite everyone in the thread to come out and have a drink with me sometime. If alcohol isn't your gig, burger/soda will take the place of it.

Face your demons. control them or they will control you.
                          ./ ____ _ _\.
                          (]]]_ o _[[[)
                          \o_FORD_o/
                          |__|.....|__|

God closes doors no man can open, God opens doors no man can close. Revelations 3:7-8

Comment

Originally posted by 4.6coupe View Post
                            Pray for him!!!!

Comment

Denny, which stories in the bible have science supporting it?

Edit: For the record, I was at one time a believer but I started to apply logic, and the requirement of proof that things are the way they are. I struggled with it for a few years, spoke with several pastors and members of churches and none of them could justify their position satisfactorily.
                              Is it logical to assume that the Creator of all things known to mankind would or should be limited by the confines of your logic?

Comment

Originally posted by 4.6coupe View Post
                                I have demons because I don't agree with the majority of Americans, and decided to start an argument? Ok.

Comment

Working...
                                X