No announcement yet.

Election 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just want to say it one last time for anyone who has it twisted, and then I'll leave you to your thread of misery...

I'm not an Obama supporter or sympathizer. I'm not a democrat or a liberal. I also pay taxes and bills and work hard for what I have. I disagree with a lot of what Obama has done and what he stands for.

But that doesn't mean that I'm miserable about this country or my quality of life. I believe that things are going to work out, and if they don't, it won't be because Romney lost to Obama.

My only point all along was that it seems like a lot of people take the negative outlook way too far, and that doesn't make it any better. Being miserable just makes things even worse. You guys do exaggerate. Im sure we all do. But man, doesn't it get old being so bitter about shit?

Comment

• I completely agree, Jared.

I'm disappointed that Romney lost. The shitbags win again. So what, fuck it. Start making lemonade.
      When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• Originally posted by jluv View Post
        I just want to say it one last time for anyone who has it twisted, and then I'll leave you to your thread of misery...

I'm not an Obama supporter or sympathizer. I'm not a democrat or a liberal. I also pay taxes and bills and work hard for what I have. I disagree with a lot of what Obama has done and what he stands for.

But that doesn't mean that I'm miserable about this country or my quality of life. I believe that things are going to work out, and if they don't, it won't be because Romney lost to Obama.

My only point all along was that it seems like a lot of people take the negative outlook way too far, and that doesn't make it any better. Being miserable just makes things even worse. You guys do exaggerate. Im sure we all do. But man, doesn't it get old being so bitter about shit?
        I agree, for personal attitude adjustments that move toward a more positive outlook, the lackadaisical approach is useful and sometimes necessary for the enervated. This is however the time for weighted discussion among those heavily invested in the topic.
        Just as every small rock falling from a slowly eroding dam garners a reaction from those that wish to preserve that dam, this election will draw heavy attention from the heavily invested. Also, as far as the analogy, this election was a very large "rock".

Comment

• Like I posted on le faceyspace

In other news, the sky is still blue, work is still work, and life goes on.

Comment

• Originally posted by TEAMJACOB View Post
            Who was that directed to? I sure as hell didn't vote to get an Obama phone, or free tuition, or unearned amnesty if that's what you mean
            but you voted, so in general, you are one of "these voters".
            THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

• Originally posted by jluv View Post
              typical jared rant
              misery loves company..

01-GATOR, 12second5.0, 2cammer97, 351Coupe, 4bangen, 5.8mont, 85turbocoupe, 86silverbullett, 8mpg, 91CoupeMike, 93blowngreenlx, Aceman85turbo, aCid, AdamLX, Alvarado GT, appelingogt, Badass2000GT, Beej, bigredtruck, BigTitan21, big_tiger, bird_dog0347, bjtheman1, blackedv, BlackGT, blownaltered, blownragtop, Broncojohnny, BttleFedC10, bubbaearl, Buzzo, Cannon88, ceyko, Chas_svo, chevyhater01, CLA, Craizie, D. Lil, d4afuel, DallasSleeper, danielhv, davbrucas, dcs13, dee, DieselSmoke, Dinger, Dlachance, DOHCTR, downshift_me, dumpycapri85, EW, fastwhite99gt, Fatass, FATHERFORD, Forever_frost, FoxBodyNick, Fst86gt, Geor!, GrayStangGT, Gtracer, Hmbre97, j351w, JC316, Jester, Jimbo, John Galt, Jr347, juiceweezl, jyro, kbscobravert, kirbster, Korn, kpc01, KungFuHamster, line-em-up, LS WHAT ??, LS1Goat, Mach1, machteck, Machx2, Magnus, matts5.0, mightyp, Mike, Mike K, mikec, MikeD, mk5.0, motoman, Musbrad2, mustang_revival, Mysticcobrakilla, no4njnk, noshine4mine, oh1bullitt, Perry, Pokulski-Blatz, Pro88LX, psdtech, QIK46, ram57ta, reo, roliath, Roscoe, Sam88gta1, sc281, Sean88gt, sig239, silverhatch, Slammy, Sleeper, SonicblueGT03, SouthernSVT, Spritle, stang, Strychnine, svo855, Swamp Donkey, talisman, Tannerm, TEAMJACOB, TeeShock, TENGRAM, terminator03, The Don, thesource, Torinoman, trailerparksuperstar, Treadhead, Treasure Chest, Tx Redneck, Tyron Shulaces, UserX, Vanner27, Venom, Vertnut, VETTKLR, waycooljr, Whiteboy, Woods Racing Transmission, Zfan

i'd like to invite you all to a google chat session. hotrod329@gmail.com
              THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

• sound fixed.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
                  sound fixed.
                  Oh, I see how it is. Lynard is fine, but not Young Jeezey.
                  Full time ninja editor.

Comment

• Originally posted by majorownage View Post
                    Oh, I see how it is. Lynard is fine, but not Young Jeezey.
                    Wtf are you talking about? There were 4 complaints, one in my inbox. Don't autoplay music files, it pisses people off.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by naynay View Post
                      but you voted, so in general, you are one of "these voters".
                      Ok troll

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
                        see sig.

Comment

• They are saying that Rep. turnout was less than the turnout McCain had four years ago. That strikes me as very, very strange considering the seemingly large motivation behind the GOP this year.
                          How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

• Originally posted by Geor! View Post
                            They are saying that Rep. turnout was less than the turnout McCain had four years ago. That strikes me as very, very strange considering the seemingly large motivation behind the GOP this year.
                            you kidding? I didn't feel like the GOP had that much forward momentum much, the most after debate 1 and then it quickly deflated again. Put someone worth a fuck in the R column and you'd have a better turnout IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geor! View Post
                              They are saying that Rep. turnout was less than the turnout McCain had four years ago. That strikes me as very, very strange considering the seemingly large motivation behind the GOP this year.
                              When I was at the polling place, all I saw were Obama voters, so I'm not surprised by this figure.

The GOP screwed the pooch on this one, big time. It's a shame too, after that first debate I thought they really had a candidate for the role, and a plan to get there. But nope, they're really floundering.

Comment

• how much of the money that gets donated to these candidates actually gets put towards the campaign and how much gets put in a "campaign account" and later withdrawn and used to buy a ski chalet in SL,UT, or a dancing horse in connecticut?
                                THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Working...
                                X