tamales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
    Since we are kinda neighbors I should be neighborlly and bring you some of momma tamales
    I would happily accept!

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
      I would happily accept!
      that's code for an HEB reach around, isn't it!

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
        Yes, its on Irving blvd (Nursery street), right next to Freds BBQ.
        Dam. That place has been there for years. Moms would get menudo from there as well. What other mexican places do you visit in Irving.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
          We are related to them on my dads side of the family. My grandmother was a Luna and most of my uncles/aunts and dad have Luna as their middle name. They have always had good grub. I have not been to the new location, especially after discovering Nuevo Leon in Irving. That place has the best barbacoa in the area!
          I've only been to the new Luna's a couple of times but I would grab breakfast tacos from them when they were near the West End and I worked downtown. Never tried anything else besides those tacos and the tamales.

Ahh... Nuevo Leon... It's been a while since I've been there, I'll have to hit them up Saturday morning for some barbacoa

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
          Dam. That place has been there for years. Moms would get menudo from there as well. What other mexican places do you visit in Irving.
          Yup although it doesn't look like it after they remodeled that shopping center. As far as I know, that's the only place Rick Modena hits up in the area and as far as I know, drives that far from home. But it's worth the drive and I'm glad I'm fairly close to it (probably a 20 minute drive for me).

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
            I've only been to the new Luna's a couple of times but I would grab breakfast tacos from them when they were near the West End and I worked downtown. Never tried anything else besides those tacos and the tamales.

Ahh... Nuevo Leon... It's been a while since I've been there, I'll have to hit them up Saturday morning for some barbacoa

Yup although it doesn't look like it after they remodeled that shopping center. As far as I know, that's the only place Rick Modena hits up in the area and as far as I know, drives that far from home. But it's worth the drive and I'm glad I'm fairly close to it (probably a 20 minute drive for me).
            I don;t go to Irving for anything else, except to visit my aunt and NL. Its about 40 minutes from me up here in northern Collin county, but well worth the trip, no traffic on Sunday mornings. Its in my top five for barbacoa.

1) Nuevo Leon
            2) Cuquitas (weekends only)
            3) Michiocana (Cabrito barbacoa)
            4) Southside Barbocoa (Corpus Christi)
            5)Taqueria Chapala Jalisco (San Antonio)
            Last edited by Rick Modena; 11-13-2014, 01:01 PM.
            Originally posted by Silverback
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

tamales

I haven't had a chance to look thru the thread but I just left. tommy tamale in Grapevine I got half a dozen hatch chili chicken for lunch and half a dozen beef and half a dozen pork for dinner that are frozen. I'm headed back to the office to eat the hot ones now hopefully they are good
              $12 a dozen or seven dollars a half-dozen
              Last edited by 2165 Turbo Rail; 11-13-2014, 12:54 PM.
              1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

I'm pretty impressed with these hatch chili chicken tamales
                1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
                  I haven't had a chance to look thru the thread but I just left. tommy tamale in Grapevine I got half a dozen hatch chili chicken for lunch and half a dozen beef and half a dozen pork for dinner that are frozen. I'm headed back to the office to eat the hot ones now hopefully they are good
                  $12 a dozen or seven dollars a half-dozen
                  That's where we get ours, and the hatch ones are really good

Comment

Went over to moms on saturday for two dozen homemade tamales. Delicious

Comment

• Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
                      I'm pretty impressed with these hatch chili chicken tamales
                      Finally made it over there for 2 hatch chili pork tamale bowl.

Shit's pretty fucking good.

Comment

• Only took three years, not bad!

Comment

• Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                          Only took three years, not bad!
                          When it absolutely positively has to get done....eventually.... I'm your guy.

Comment

• If y'all ever at the dallas farmers market, my cousin sells tamales inside. "El mero tamalero" chips and salso are great to.

2003 f250
                            1990 mustang gt stock 68k miles
                            1990 mustang gt 347 t56
                            1994 peterbilt 377 dump truck 450hp cat
                            1997 freightliner 500hp detriot[/FONT]

Comment

• my aunt made deer tamales! so good

Comment

• Originally posted by marcs95gt View Post
                                If y'all ever at the dallas farmers market, my cousin sells tamales inside. "El mero tamalero" chips and salso are great to.
                                Is she hot?

Comment

Working...
                                X