For the folks that work outside.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the folks that work outside.

I generally work outside in the summer for 5-6 hours a day. I normally put sunblock on my face, wear a hat, thin long sleeved shirt and drink the fuck out of some h2o..

Anything else u guys do on top of that?
    "PSH!!!"

Yeah, I'd also get my resume out there, and land a gig in AC.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
      I love working outside. Wouldn't have it any other way.
      2006 Civic SI
      2009 Pilot
      1988 GT
      CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

On weekends i regularly do 5-6 hours per day. I start off with just water, sunscreen, large hat, and start hitting the beer at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
          I generally work outside in the summer for 5-6 hours a day. I normally put sunblock on my face, wear a hat, thin long sleeved shirt and drink the fuck out of some h2o..

Anything else u guys do on top of that?
          cooling towel - you'll wonder why you went so long without one.

and take it easy on all that sunblock. last month researchers found sunscreen ingredients are absorbed into your blood

https://www.google.com/search?q=sunb...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Comment

11-12 hours a day in an oven for a shop. Then spend an hour or two every day working on the lawn. As beefed said. Wouldn’t have it any other way. Lots of water. Coors light works well

Comment

Originally posted by hxbernal View Post
              cooling towel - you'll wonder why you went so long without one.

and take it easy on all that sunblock. last month researchers found sunscreen ingredients are absorbed into your blood

https://www.google.com/search?q=sunb...hrome&ie=UTF-8
              That may actually be good, you'll have built in sunscreen 24x7!

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
                11-12 hours a day in an oven for a shop. Then spend an hour or two every day working on the lawn. As beefed said. Wouldn’t have it any other way. Lots of water. Coors light works well
                Coors light is like making love in a canoe.

It's fucking close to water.

Comment

Then spend an hour or two every day working on the lawn.
                  Damn!
                  WRX

Comment

Water water water every now and then throw in some sauencher. That shit works a ton better than Gatorade or powerade. And take breaks often in the shade or something. The heat ain't one to fuck with. I overheated and thought I was gonna die a couple years ago. I was in the attic helping a buddy do A/C work running ducts, and setting air handlers this was the 3rd house that day it was howt and like 120+ in the attics. I was throwing down waters hard! I rode home in the truck with a/c on for about an hour got home jumped in the shower to get all the insulation off and started shaking uncontrollably. Got out and laid in bed my temp got up to 105 over the next 4 days I felt like death and it took a few months before I could go outside in the day time for more than 30 minutes without getting sick. It sucked so don't mess around with it take a break the job won't get done if you're dead or have a heat stroke.
                    Last edited by krazy kris; 06-19-2019, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                      It’s by choice
                      "PSH!!!"

Comment

Water and shorts. I can wear thin long sleeves all day, but pants just kill me, must vent my heat through my legs or something.

Comment

Bawhaha I don’t think I have ever seen you drink a water

Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post
                          Damn!
                          The man has a glorious yard!

Comment

wear one of those sunbrella hats
                            WH

Comment

You wouldn't prefer having A/C in the shop if it were feasible?

Comment

Working...
                              X