Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to start an old Ford tractor ('53 Golden Jubilee)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blakeski View Post
    Oh wow, I had a very close friend die on one of those about 4 years ago. Still don't know what happend, all I know is he was found on the ground next to it and everything around him was burnt to the ground.

Nice contribution.:shock:

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
      Tried that, got what sounded like simple instructions, and a whole lot of authentic farmer gibberish to go with it. .
      I was gonna say call Bubbaearl, but looks like you got that covered...

Comment

Originally posted by slow84lx View Post
        Nice contribution.:shock:
        Thanks! I just wanted to throw that out there!
        Wanna see my care face???

Comment

This one is not an 8N or a 9N. It is a totally different tractor. This one has overhead valves and was called a Jubilee because it was a 1953 model. Yes that was Ford's 50 birthday. My folks bought their first TV in 1953. It was a Philco that was made by Ford. It had a label on the front saying "Jubilee" . They got an electric clock that had a solid glass face that turned instead of the hands turning. I still have the clock and it still works. The jubilee was a good tractor, but never as popular as the 8N or 9N. That tractor has a cut off valve under the gas tank . It was there so you could shut it off when you stopped the tractor and that would keep the tank from draining dry if the float valve stuck open . Remember, there is no fuel pump, only gravity feed. Check that shut off. Sometimes the close by themselves. Also, tap on th carb with a small hammer. The float might be stuck shut. Good luck, they are simple and you just have a little bug somewhere.

Comment

Watch that PTO, Blake. They're man-killers. My grandfather got run over by his 8N once, while bush-hogging. He didn't get hit by the bush-hog, luckily, just mashed into the mud. He was the luckiest old coot on a tractor that day, by far.
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
            X