Anyone speak German?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone speak German?

We need help translating a PLC program that's commented completely in German so we can modify it.

If you speak it fluently enough to sit with an engineer and read the comments / variable names, there might be a day or so worth of hanging out and helping out in that regard....

Professional setting, but nothing too stiff or anything.

You won't get rich or anything but I'm sure there would be fair compensation for that sort of thing.

Otherwise we'll find a TCU or UTA student...

Ich spreche kein Deutsch

Comment

My son reads/speaks some, but we ain't in Texas unless you can send a sample via e-mail to see if he can help.

Comment

I believe we'll be online with the processor making edits, or at the very least there will need to be some real time back and forth dialogue.

Comment

Abap?
          Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
          There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
              Abap?
              No, just standard ladder logic for Siemens PLC. Just commented in German..

Comment

I realize you won't get the "intent" but I've been successful at using Google translate for comments and then just accepting the variable names as they are.
                Example:
                In SAP VBELN is delivery number, or something like that. I just got used to saying "Vee bellin". Look at the data, Google translate the comments (while leaving the original for posterity) and moving on. If you know the code, the intent can be inferred, usually.
                I don't know PLC well enough, otherwise, I'd volunteer to help just for the fun of it. Like a mini hack-a-thon.
                Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
                  I realize you won't get the "intent" but I've been successful at using Google translate for comments and then just accepting the variable names as they are.
                  Example:
                  In SAP VBELN is delivery number, or something like that. I just got used to saying "Vee bellin". Look at the data, Google translate the comments (while leaving the original for posterity) and moving on. If you know the code, the intent can be inferred, usually.
                  I don't know PLC well enough, otherwise, I'd volunteer to help just for the fun of it. Like a mini hack-a-thon.
                  Danka!

Comment

2 of my kids speak it well, both are currently in Germany. Sorry, that's no help to you.

Comment

Working...
                    X